Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater 147 JHP

Blackwater 147 JHP

Did a search, nothing popped.
    Experiences?
    Thoughts?
    https://blackwaterammunition.com/pro...0-rounds-copy/
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Ummm…….why? In the golden age of the ammunition market that we live in, just why? It doesn't even list what type of JHP they load their rounds with.

I'm also completely unwilling to spend money with a company that is portraying itself as the historical Blackwater when such company as headed by Erik Prince ceased to exist in 2009.

Something is weird about this.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

The NAS3 case design does not inspire confidence.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

@TGS, kinda my question. I know they signed a contract with Jade Struck and Corrine Mosher at 2020 shot, but is this ammo for real? I know Mr. Prince was there for the signing, so it is his deal.
    And whats the deal with the "ShellShock" casing?
    The price point isn't terrible, and the availability looks good, but not sure I want to take the plunge on purchasing, with Doc Roberts not having any data.

I want to put it on my list of possibles, but it just seems kind of .......hinky?

ETA: I know Jade is a known name, but Corrine is a 3 gunner. I do know that I value an endorsement from folks like you and others on this site much more than an Instagram personality.

Fact is, I got a bit lazy on ammo inventory, so now I'm looking at "options".
    Last edited by wvincent; 03-17-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The NAS3 case design does not inspire confidence.

Okie John
    I have 0 experience with it. Wondering if it is 1911/2011 friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I have 0 experience with it. Wondering if it is 1911/2011 friendly.
    No idea.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

From SGAmmo.coms homepage, my go to source:

"Due to overwhelming order volume over the past week we are not currently accepting new orders. We are currently 7 to 9 days behind on filling orders and the priority is going to be given to filling existing orders. We will begin to restore inventory later this week once we have a handle on shipping all orders that have been placed so far. In order to aid us in providing faster service, please do not email to ask when your order will ship unless you need to cancel or change the address. UPS will email tracking info the day the order ships and we are working as fast as we possibly can to fill your orders. We have inventory allocated to fill all existing orders, if you have an order in it will be filled."

Damn! I never saw them do that. They took the entire inventory offline.

Thankfully I learned from the last few ammo droughts, and had the good fortune and means to procure ammo in quantity.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Like all other commodities the "run" on ammo at even the slightest hint of uncertainty/upheaval/unrest is almost a universal constant so if you don't have it now, you probably aren't going to be able to get it. Hopefully, the run will taper off eventually and allow you to get whatever it is that you are looking for. Until then, I hope that you are fortunate enough to have enough to get you through whatever ends up coming your way.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Yeah but $24/50 for FMJ...pass. It may actually be better than everything else, but...still pass. Paying $480/1k wouldn't kill me if that's all there was, but I have enough on hand I don't have to.

And they don't ship to Illinois anyway.

But I have to say, the all copper Contractor round looks interesting.

They're calling it a +P 147 and advertising a very tepid "950 Feet Per Second!"...? And the odd two-piece casing that makes it look like a belted magnum or something?

Hilarious. Total clown show. I wouldn't load that in my gun if it were free.
    Last edited by Joe Mac; 03-17-2020 at 08:21 PM.

User Tag List