Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignore Function for Specific People

Name:  pucnh face tcpip.png
Views: 219
Size:  19.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If you report problematic people, it would help.
    Nothing crossing the line just the some folks we were bitching about in the Coterie Club.

95% of the folks here are solid. I just hung out with @Sidheshooter and @AKDoug just hooked me up to modify and badass my Stihl Chainsaw. All the dudes with medical backgrounds in the Corona threads have me planning for the long term and knowing what is coming @Nephrology and a bunch of others. @RevolverRob is a whiny bitch but he gives me stuff to read at work so I can pretend I am working.

We’re good. Good night.

I've often wondered about the psychology of imaginary "ignore list change notifications."

Say Member A decides to ignore Member B. Member A adds Member B to their ignore list, anonymously. But say Member B gets a message, "Someone has added you to their ignore list." What does Member B think? What if Member B kept getting notified, every time someone has added them to their ignore list?

Would this change Member B's behaviour in future?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I've often wondered about the psychology of imaginary "ignore list change notifications."

Say Member A decides to ignore Member B. Member A adds Member B to their ignore list, anonymously. But say Member B gets a message, "Someone has added you to their ignore list." What does Member B think? What if Member B kept getting notified, every time someone has added them to their ignore list?

speaking as someone who is probably on a lot of people's ignore lists...

No, it wouldn't change anything.

most abrasive people know they are abrasive. The are either trying to change that or they aren't, and notices on an internet forum probably aren't going to affect that. Neither, apparently, does annual reviews, counseling from managers and bosses, concerned phone calls from co-workers...
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    A lot of Member B’s would say “Challenge accepted!”🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List