Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Charger 9mm "pistol"

SHIIIT...

I was just last night debating on whether to get a Kriss Vector SPD and put a folding brace on it as a travel gun. Now Ruger comes out with this thing...

I'm digging the possibilities here

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    SHIIIT...

I was just last night debating on whether to get a Kriss Vector SPD and put a folding brace on it as a travel gun. Now Ruger comes out with this thing...
    I bet one of these with a brace would fit very nicely next to the spare tire in back of my CR-V...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Vending Machine Operator
    I very much want. I have 5 Rugers. Not the fanciest finishes or coolest lines, but they all run.

This one also looks cool which is a fun extra.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    General comment. I have 0 firsthand experience with the Ruger PC9, but I thought I remember reading here that they had issues with function. I may be mistaken.
    I researched those recently. The problem is the stupid take-down option.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I researched those recently. The problem is the stupid take-down option.
    Coming lose?

They need to make a non take down version.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Coming lose?

They need to make a non take down version.
    Yes and yes. There are instructions for checking the take down components periodically. I'd rather just wait for them to make one without.

Ugh, Ruger is in my head. I just recently bought a Scorpion that I felt really good about and then this comes out. I would like one when Ruger works out the kinks with the aforementioned takedown components. Only reason I didn't buy a PC9.

(not trying to derail) That being said, I still feel good about the Scorpion but is it true they have an OoB detonation issue? I seriously thought it was a vetted platform and then BAM, my friends Scorpion went kablooey recently at the range. GS said it was oob detonation, I just thought it was because he was using reloads.

I figure if the kinks get worked out of the Ruger, I would get (theoretically) more protection from an oob detonation since it would (assumingly) be metal vs fantastic plastic.

As I stated in the long guns section thread on this, I'll be interested if/when they make a non-takedown version. Seriously, WT Actual F do we need a take-down pistol for?

I've heard too many issues with the (lack of) reliability of the take down carbines that I'm going to take a pass for now. A non-take-down version could also have a full length top rail for us dinosaurs who like BUIS... But, tweak that, and I can definitely see this with a side-folding brace in my future. I've got so many Glock mags, I couldn't even start to count them, and this little critter might be just the ticket for my smaller family members who don't like the weight and blast of an AR.

I do have quite a few Glock 19 mags, but even more M&P9 mags. I’d be interested if it could take those.

User Tag List