Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me why this shouldn’t be done...

Tell me why this shouldn’t be done...

Name:  A29984A0-DB2F-4A1C-AA7E-1C8325E8D4F0.jpg
Views: 1039
Size:  53.0 KB

I see pictures like this of people in line waiting to buy guns and/or ammo. If I were a gun store owner in California with a big line, I would send an employee out to do a survey of the people in line. I obviously have an abundance of business. Ask each person in line what their political party affiliation is and note it on a list, with a way to identify each person responding. Then I’d take my completed list and ask all the people that identified as Democrats to please go home, as I won’t sell to them.
    Please don’t respond to my question with tropes about how some Democrats support the 2nd Amendment, it won’t fly. If you are a Democrat in California, you support the Sacramento anti 2nd Amendment gang BY DEFAULT! It’s time for Democrat voters to be taught a small lesson about the results of their support for one Party rule in California. Why not?

Because no one’s politics should keep them from owning the best means to defend themselves?

Or because a customer’s political affiliation is no one’s business but their own?

Or because when I sell guns for a living, my job is to sell guns and thus any and all customers in an uncertain time with an uncertain future are good?

Or because capitalism for the win?

I actually remember, exactly, the moment I decided to stop working in the firearms business as a sales clerk and move to corporate. I was standing at my gun counter and this dumbass Cletus came in with a “Pro-Life, Pro-Wife” t-shirt that had a pregnant female stick figure doing dishes. He wanted to buy a Glock, but couldn’t afford it so went with a Smith and Wesson Sigma and his three kids were tearing up my store. I suddenly felt this urge to not only refuse to sell the guy a gun, but to punch him in the face. And the lightbulb went off...

When I made it my business to care more about who the guy I was selling to and their politics and not about business, I stopped selling. Because it meant that one day, I’d judge someone unworthy and refuse and it wasn’t my place to decide who does and does not get to exercise their rights based on my judgement(s) of them. Though it was absolutely within my power to refuse to sell a firearm to anyone.

This is also an opportunity for actual real learning to occur, and we want this opportunity to benefit the cause of gun rights.

Turning people away because they aren't on 'our side' is not the way to benefit the cause of gun rights. Nor is rubbing past presumed voting behavior, or any of it.

There's going to be a lot of frustration and anger generated by the miles of red tape already, hopefully directed at the commissars of the Democratic People's Republic of California. The behavior advocated by the OP would just redirect that frustration and anger towards the gun store owners, and that is not a good thing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Bro,

Speaking as an owner of 2 businesses, you're the type of person who shouldn't run a business - or if you do you'll run it into the ground in short order.

Speaking as a normal every day Joe - I don't do business with assholes, and that's some serious elitist asshole stench.

This is equally as retarded as bars and restaurants not serving people in MAGA hats.

I'm a registered Democrat. Why? Because I live in a DEEP blue state where my Republican leanings don't count. By registering as a Democrat I can vote in their primaries and influence the election from within. It's the only way my vote counts. Then, in the general election, I vote for whoever I want (almost invariably Republican).

Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    Then I’d take my completed list and ask all the people that identified as Democrats to please go home, as I won’t sell to them.
    This is essentially the opposite of what should be done. Nobody should be sent home, but the Democrats should go to the front of the line. If they can be converted into gun owners in this time of uncertainty, perhaps their votes can be on our side down the road.

Revolver, thank you for your response. Here’s the answers to your arguments:

“Because no one’s politics should keep them from owning the best means to defend themselves?”
    - But their politics are already keeping Californians from owning the best means to defend themselves. Try buying a 30 round magazine, a suppressor or an off roster handgun. Shouldn’t Democrats be held accountable for that?

“Or because a customer’s political affiliation is no one’s business but their own?”
    - There was no requirement specified that someone respond to the question. If they identify with the political party that is clearly and actively infringing on the 2nd Amendment, should we not hold them accountable if possible?

“Or because when I sell guns for a living, my job is to sell guns and thus any and all customers in an uncertain time with an uncertain future are good?”
    - So the gun store owners should support people who would and will put them out of business if and when they can?

“Or because capitalism for the win?”
    - Capitalism only works if you are allowed to conduct business. If one group of people wants to put you out of business, supporting and selling to that group seems counter productive.

A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. Let this crisis do its work.

Also: gun stores making money means gun stores will stay in business.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oakdalecurtis View Post
    Revolver, thank you for your response. Here’s the answers to your arguments:

“Because no one’s politics should keep them from owning the best means to defend themselves?”
    - But their politics are already keeping Californians from owning the best means to defend themselves. Try buying a 30 round magazine, a suppressor or an off roster handgun. Shouldn’t Democrats be held accountable for that?

“Or because a customer’s political affiliation is no one’s business but their own?”
    - There was no requirement specified that someone respond to the question. If they identify with the political party that is clearly and actively infringing on the 2nd Amendment, should we not hold them accountable if possible?

“Or because when I sell guns for a living, my job is to sell guns and thus any and all customers in an uncertain time with an uncertain future are good?”
    - So the gun store owners should support people who would and will put them out of business if and when they can?

“Or because capitalism for the win?”
    - Capitalism only works if you are allowed to conduct business. If one group of people wants to put you out of business, supporting and selling to that group seems counter productive.
    Because 2nd amendment rights are civil rights. What you propose is the same as a lunch counter not serving patrons based on race.

I fact it’s rather like the Houston area gun-shop that allegedly refused to sell a gun to a Chinese American because of the Corona virus.

Situations like this are an opportunity.

@Torsius is spot on. Some of us see it as an opportunity to educate people who didn’t know better about the pitfalls of gun control and convert them to “our” side.

Apparently you see it as an opportunity to be an asshole.

User Tag List