Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Researching action rifle competition type setups

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Harbor freight hate
    Their shit is awesome. It functions as designed for a while, then becomes a hammer. Twofer.

in all seriousness some of their stuff is a ok.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Bore snakes are much better than the Otis pull through patches.
    Could you expound on this a bit?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Is a torque wrench necessary for installing a buffer tube or can it just be made *really* tight?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I’ve never used one on the buffer tube. I just use my Magpul tool to crank it to German specs - gutentight.

I do use one for installing barrels. Then you know for sure you’re at the minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    I’ve never used one on the buffer tube. I just use my Magpul tool to crank it to German specs - gutentight.

I do use one for installing barrels. Then you know for sure you’re at the minimum.

That can be a massive bitch to get off if you need to. I forget the term, but I had to drill a bunch of wholes in a line and then chisel one off IIRC.

Just wanted to comment that this is an epic thread. Thanks for the good reading. *thumbs up*

Banned
    Grabbed another BCM upper which will either go on this existing lower when completed or will get its own adm lower. Hey, I had to, I have an EOTech hws coming. 14.5 elw with pinned and welded muzzle device to make length.

I figured I could knock it around a bit more and not worry as much about ammo quality or barrel life, understanding nothing lasts forever.

You People (TM) are a Bad Influence (SM). 🦄

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Grabbed another BCM upper which will either go on this existing lower when completed or will get its own adm lower. Hey, I had to, I have an EOTech hws coming. 14.5 elw with pinned and welded muzzle device to make length.

I figured I could knock it around a bit more and not worry as much about ammo quality or barrel life, understanding nothing lasts forever.

You People (TM) are a Bad Influence (SM). 🦄
    We did warn you about these things multiplying in captivity
    #RESIST

Banned
    Yeah. I’ve seen how my beretta handguns multiplied and this was expected. I can’t even blame You People, I figured I’d end up with two or at least two uppers from the beginning.

Great choice @Medusa. I love that upper. If I could have only one AR, it might have to be a BCM 14.5" ELW. When classes and matches start up again, you're going to have a perfect set of gear to learn what you can do with a light RDS equipped carbine, and what requires a rifle with a LPVO. I notice that PR now has three divisions: Iron sights, 1x optic, and magnified optic--perfect for exploring that question. And check out the Defensive Carbine 1 class from 540 Tactical. Only $99 and 3 hours. A close friend of mine is an instructor there.

Interesting anecdote about the EOTech that I just remembered. Before I sold my Gen1 EXPS3-0, I was doing a demo of positional carbine shooting at the PSTC. The EOTech is great for that because if you can pick up just the edge of the outer ring at the side of the window, you know where the gun is pointed. I was showing Urban Prone, thinking about that, and how awesome my EOTech was when a 5.56 case bounced off the floor and lodged between my eye pro and my face. For some reason I finished the demo even though I could smell flesh burning. And that's how I got my Harry Potter scar.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-16-2020 at 07:40 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Banned
    You’ve not given me bad advice on instruction yet. I’m sure I’ll take their class when classes are back up.

User Tag List