Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 and the 2nd Amendment

"I scoff at the Corona virus. Let it come. I will vanquish it."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Actually, I spent all my preps were studying childhood education, and war. When the streets are running rampant with orphans of the virus I’ll raise a formidable army of child soldiers who will be known as the New Covidians. We’ll be feared for as far and wide as their tiny legs can carry back the bounties of toilet paper and expired frozen chicken nuggets and super hot daughters that we’ll take take from our enemies.

The government has no right to do any of this nonsense. Proposed or otherwise. That includes telling a private business they can't operate.

Comparing this to something that happened in the early 1900's is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    The government has no right to do any of this nonsense. Proposed or otherwise. That includes telling a private business they can't operate.

Got this yesterday. Apparently the governor has the authority to close a business. Looks like he did that. Rights vs authority can be argued.

Gov. Inslee signed an emergency proclamation today banning gatherings over 50 people. Gatherings with fewer than 50 people are prohibited unless strict criteria for hygiene & social distancing are met. Grocery stores & pharmacies will stay open. Restaurants that allow take-out service will continue to operate for now. However, dine-in restaurants, bars, clubs & theaters, indoor recreational venues such as gyms and yoga studios must cease operations. Retail stores are closed unless operating at special capacities and strict criteria for hygiene and social distancing. These rules will be for the next two weeks and it may be extended after that. If you don’t have to do activities, stay home. This will save lives. The governor is also asking residents older than 60 and those with underlying health conditions to self isolate, if they can. This will require behavior change. These are very difficult decisions, but hours count here, and very strong measures are necessary to slow the spread of the disease. Gov. Inslee knows there will be significant economic impacts to all our communities, and we are looking at steps to help address those challenges
    (5) Any person willfully violating any provision of an order issued by the governor under this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

Just presenting the facts on the ground.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I believe looking into history is a good thing and a lot of lessons can be learned from it, especially what to look out for.

Site Supporter

State authorities aside, 42 USC 264 through 271 and 42 CFR parts 70 and 71.But you already know that don’t you? You’re just here to troll.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The first good thing to come from this calamity!

Name:  38E3344E-4F4F-4FC0-91F8-B2FF6D68BABF.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  30.0 KB

Constitutional powers and issues during a quarantine situation

Federal and State Quarantine and Isolation Authority by the Congressional Research Service
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Every party has a pooper, and you just had to be the guy who drops a deuce in the "guvmint has no right" punch bowl.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    State authorities aside, 42 USC 264 through 271 and 42 CFR parts 70 and 71.But you already know that don’t you? You’re just here to troll.
    Enforce it then.

User Tag List