Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    X 10 if they have the little crown air freshener on the front or rear dash....
    And/or the felony forest

Covid-19 "The Virus Strikes Back"

Unfortunately here in California, there's been a growing reports of 1st responders being contaminated with the virus. Police/Fire management have directives/polices in place to reduce contact AKA social distance from any citizens(good, bad & the ugly). Sheriff's departments are releasing "non-violent" offenders to reduce the possibilities of an infection in the jail population. Many agencies are encouraging citizens to report property crimes on line.

Most agencies in California are "warning" the public the governor's order to stay home/self isolation, so no enforcement at this time. However this can change quickly and agencies are ramping up directives and polices on how to handle the homeless, undocumented, mentally ill, and criminals. There is concern in the law enforcement/Fire management that officer/deputies/firefighter/EMT may be affected by the virus or their staff will be called up by serving in National Guard units. Staffing has become a major concern, so vacations are canceled, non-essential traveling are canceled and some training are canceled.

Most agencies are conducting crowd, riot, & traffic control training. It's to deal with all possibilities, mass panic by civilians to flee the cities, food riots, and mob/demonstrations by interest groups. When it does go sideways, the National Guard units will assist local agencies. The possibilities of a major civil unrest is lingering there, especially when 1st responders are dealing with daily events(criminal behavior, mentally ill, & social disturbances).

Be safe all and good luck.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by bshnt2015 View Post
    Unfortunately here in California, there's been a growing reports of 1st responders being contaminated with the virus. Police/Fire management have directives/polices in place to reduce contact AKA social distance from any citizens(good, bad & the ugly). Sheriff's departments are releasing "non-violent" offenders to reduce the possibilities of an infection in the jail population. Many agencies are encouraging citizens to report property crimes on line.

Most agencies in California are "warning" the public the governor's order to stay home/self isolation, so no enforcement at this time. However this can change quickly and agencies are ramping up directives and polices on how to handle the homeless, undocumented, mentally ill, and criminals. There is concern in the law enforcement/Fire management that officer/deputies/firefighter/EMT may be affected by the virus or their staff will be called up by serving in National Guard units. Staffing has become a major concern, so vacations are canceled, non-essential traveling are canceled and some training are canceled.

Most agencies are conducting crowd, riot, & traffic control training. It's to deal with all possibilities, mass panic by civilians to flee the cities, food riots, and mob/demonstrations by interest groups. When it does go sideways, the National Guard units will assist local agencies. The possibilities of a major civil unrest is lingering there, especially when 1st responders are dealing with daily events(criminal behavior, mentally ill, & social disturbances).

Be safe all and good luck.
    No training here, and our current crop of officers has zero experience dealing with crowds/riots, believe it or not. Officers are being directed to report for duty even if they have come in contact with a suspected infected person. Stations are being cleaned by janitorial staff with lysol (at least). Basically no enforcement of anything except violent felonies, and then only with a supervisor on scene approving. We've been told 12 PPE kits were delivered to each station. No one has seen them.

Federal law enforcement document reveals white supremacists discussed using coronavirus as a bioweapon
    https://news.yahoo.com/federal-law-e...212031308.html

The intelligence brief, marked for official use only, noted the white supremacists “suggested targeting … law enforcement and minority communities, with some mention of public places in general.” According to the document, the extremists discussed a number of methods for coronavirus attacks, such spending time in public with perceived enemies, leaving “saliva on door handles” at local FBI offices, spitting on elevator buttons and spreading coronavirus germs in “nonwhite neighborhoods.”

Copy of doc posted here:
    https://www.scribd.com/document/4526...ona#from_embed

Site Supporter

Translation:

We gonna go back to VR'ing folks for a while.

LOL.

Ex-cop cars are popular among the Thug Life crowd. I see a former cop car like the one you described I think thug before police impersonator.
    I think they get bonus points if it's black and white or has a push bar. The other way to tell in Florida is that thugs roll with the windows down because the AC was toast before it was auctioned. To be clear, wannabes and other lowlifes also love CVPIs, but they'll settle for their grandma's sun baked Mercury.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

One effect of training and quals being postponed is that those of us who are retired, and carry under the provisions of LEOSA, can find it difficult to stay current on our annual quals. One interesting thing I learned, however, is that it appears that non-LEO Texas License-To-Carry instructors are now able to do LEOSA quals.

E.T.A: One fly in that ointment, however, is that most of the popolous counties are restricting the businesses which can remain open, which probably affects shooting ranges.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-24-2020 at 03:29 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    One effect of training and quals being postponed is that those of us who are retired, and carry under the provisions of LEOSA can find it difficult to stay current on our annual quals. One interesting thing I learned, however, is that it appears that non-LEO Texas License-To-Carry instructors are now able to do LEOSA quals.
    I'm good until late July on my LEOSA quals but I keep that backed up with a state license as well (which is good for 5 years).

Hopefully, things will be back to "normal" before I need to contact the sheriff's office for my next qual with them.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List