Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    here’s another pro tip for them. Don’t count on rainbow flag houses to accommodate either. Sure as f not this one.
    I like the cut of your jib.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

L/E duty death from Covid-19 -

https://www.policeone.com/coronaviru...WMRcIHk0DPJrY/

The agency, local to me, has had a total of nine officers test positive for the virus. The agency is treating Detective Armer's death as a LODD. Not all of the other officers are believed to have caught it in an on-duty capacity.

Site Supporter
    Between last night and this afternoon, somebody stole the (brand-new) spare tire off the tongue of my utility trailer. Irritating, but really not a tragedy.

I called the dispatch number, they took my information, a very nice professional sounding female officer called to take my report. I texted her pictures of the rack on the tongue with three welded-on lug bolts the tire had been mounted on and a picture of one of the identical tires and rims still mounted in the axle.

She basically told me there’s isn’t a lot they can do, which I already figured, and suggested I call my homeowners insurance. Gave me her name and the report number.

Maybe I ought to move it into the back yard and not leave it in my driveway.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    here’s another pro tip for them. Don’t count on rainbow flag houses to accommodate either. Sure as f not this one.
    When I wasn't driving in and out of Brooklyn in the early '80s, I didn't have a loaded .45 with me and a "ban handguns" sticker on the rear window.

Never happened.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Police in India are wearing special helmets to build public awareness:

Name:  corona cops.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  66.3 KB

https://globalnews.ca/news/6767617/c...-india-police/

"I'll allow it!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    When I wasn't driving in and out of Brooklyn in the early '80s, I didn't have a loaded .45 with me and a "ban handguns" sticker on the rear window.

Never happened.
    Q-ship, dry land edition.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Between last night and this afternoon, somebody stole the (brand-new) spare tire off the tongue of my utility trailer. Irritating, but really not a tragedy.

I called the dispatch number, they took my information, a very nice professional sounding female officer called to take my report. I texted her pictures of the rack on the tongue with three welded-on lug bolts the tire had been mounted on and a picture of one of the identical tires and rims still mounted in the axle.

She basically told me there’s isn’t a lot they can do, which I already figured, and suggested I call my homeowners insurance. Gave me her name and the report number.

Maybe I ought to move it into the back yard and not leave it in my driveway.
    Yup. Welcome to Covid policing

It appears both Riverside County, CA, Sheriff's Office and Chicago PD have lost officers to covid19 now too.

On Thursday, GA's governor issued an executive order under the Emergency Powers Act suspending all local "shelter" ordinances. He put in place a statewide order, but he reserved the power to enforce that order to the Department of Public Health, the Department of Public Safety (GSP, MCCD, Capitol Police) and the Adjutant General (National Guard).

On Friday, he issued a subsequent order adding the Offices of the Sheriff to those who may enforce the provisions of the order.

The order has numerous exceptions for travel, outdoor exercise, essential services, etc. Among them is the distribution of firearms and ammunition. These exceptions are not affirmative defenses. The burden of proof is still on the state, and stopping people to check to see if they are traveling per an exception would be unconstitutional. At minimum, reasonable articulable suspicion of a violation must be present in order to make a stop.

Our local environmental health (linked to DPH) is going to remain the point on all business regulation issues. They will attempt to seek cooperation. If they can't achieve this, the SO will assist, but no enforcement action will be taken without either the Sheriff's or my prior approval.

The only normalcy we have right now is that we are still America, and we are going to cling to that ideal.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List