Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    On 3/21/2020:

Hmm.
    Apparently you missed the part about managing to keep a straight face. I was joking.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    How do you know you're not contagious? Have you been tested?

You talk about your "rights" but you don't say anything about your responsibilities to the rest of the people in society.

But, if you do file a lawsuit, let us know how it turns out. It might take about three years.

I have been medically evaluated every single day. I am not symptomatic of any infectious disease.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Apparently you missed the part about managing to keep a straight face. I was joking.
    Fair enough. The irony did seem pretty thick.

I have been medically evaluated every single day. I am not symptomatic of any infectious disease.
    From what I understand, COVID–19 patients can be asymptomatic for quite some time while still being able to communicate the illness to others. That is a factor that goes against the notion that it is unreasonable to quarantine anyone who is not showing symptoms.

Fair enough. The irony did seem pretty thick.

From what I understand, COVID–19 patients can be asymptomatic for quite some time while still being able to communicate the illness to others. That is a factor that goes against the notion that it is unreasonable to quarantine anyone who is not showing symptoms.
    I'm aware of the medical facts. I've been on the conference calls, helped setup one of the testing sites, I'm getting regular briefings.

I've also read the pandemic response guide for my state, and my state's law requires a diagnosis of an infectious disease for a quarantine order.

Site Supporter
    [...]my state's law requires a diagnosis of an infectious disease for a quarantine order.
    Forgive me, but I don’t think so. According to the Rules of the Department of Public Health, Chapter 511-9-1-.03, which rely on statutory authority, the Department may quarantine persons exposed to, or reasonably suspected of being infected with, a communicable disease.

Perhaps your concern is that a municipality, rather than the state, has ordered you to stay home; I of course don’t know all the details of your legal situation.

I'd think anybody that chooses to live in the northeastern part of our country gave up on the idea of civil liberties a long time ago.

That aside...

Has anybody been hearing about these FLETC facilities shutting down? And sending their students all over the country, only to reconvene into centralized locations at a later date? What the fuck is the logic in that?

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Has anybody been hearing about these FLETC facilities shutting down? And sending their students all over the country, only to reconvene into centralized locations at a later date? What the fuck is the logic in that?
    They're from the government. They're here to help.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They're from the government. They're here to help.
    You should see some the plans that got dropped on everybody yesterday. Holy shit.

Another genius move taking place is that banks are closing certain branches. So instead of everybody spreading out, they're all going to select branches because they're all that's open. So bank tellers have to walk around to keep all the pissed off people calm. I noticed that now marked units are getting posted in front of the open branches. As if the SO's and PD's around here are not stretched enough.

I'd love to know the logic behind that one.
    Last edited by deflave; 03-28-2020 at 12:22 PM. Reason: I forgot a word.

Site Supporter
    I'd think anybody that chooses to live in the northeastern part of our country gave up on the idea of civil liberties a long time ago.
    Let’s compare. Does Florida allow unlicensed CC? Does Florida allow open carry? No. People can be arrested for doing those things. Guess where people have the liberty to do that? More than one northeastern state.

Yes, I know several people who just left FLETC under these conditions. The logic is that people shouldn’t congregate in crowds (like at FLETC) during a pandemic. As for sending them all over the country, if the government doesn’t want to house them, they have to go somewhere else. Most are probably just going home.

Forgive me, but I don’t think so. According to the Rules of the Department of Public Health, Chapter 511-9-1-.03, which rely on statutory authority, the Department may quarantine persons exposed to, or reasonably suspected of being infected with, a communicable disease.

Perhaps your concern is that a municipality, rather than the state, has ordered you to stay home; I of course don’t know all the details of your legal situation.
    That rule does not allow municipalities to issue quarantines. The state has not even issued a quarantine because state law does not allow people to be quarantined simply to prevent them from catching an infectious disease.

I'm on the conference calls. I'm getting the direct briefings.

That's my final word on this particular topic. I hope that you and everyone else get through this well and prosper on the other side.

User Tag List