Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am now wishing I had already done the state license-to-carry thing.
    Our patrol captain does this for retiring deputies that don't already have a LTC...it is no cost while you are still active LEO. I recently did it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have long recommended that LEOs obtain their highest level state CCW and that employers pay for it. Helpful in case they lose or give up their creds, or don't want to disclose their creds. The permit renewal cycle also is a form of periodic background check on existing employees, something few agencies seem to do. LEOSA eligible personnel should also maintain a CCW, as even this many years later there is profound misunderstanding of LEOSA provisions. I also recommend the various combinations of non-resident permits that provide greater privileges like Utah.
    Sometimes state specific. In Nebraska (as of 5+ years ago), someone who held a CHL could not use the existing "reasonable", Jim Crow era legal provision, which technically was the authority LE had for being armed off duty. Ergo, cops did not obtain CHL's, as they limited places one could carry. This is also the reason that the state legislature removed a requirement for CHL instructors to be CHL holders, as coppers would not be eligible to be instructors without being subject to said restrictions.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I’ve kept my CCW permit here. Got it in 2011 and become a cop until 2013. Figured if for some reason I needed it, I wouldn’t have to wait. So I donate money to the state every 5 years to renew it.

At first by us CCW holders could carry tasers, but off duty LE technically couldn’t, not that I would, just a weird quirk in the law. Since be fixed.

This thread brought to mind an idea for training one of my trainees gave me a while ago. We really should practice shooting and clearing malfunctions while wearing the latex/nitrile gloves we all wear on contacts. I thought it was a great idea, but I could never get my old agency’s firearms trainers interested in it.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/missouri-...oronavirus-fbi

Missouri man plotting coronavirus hospital bombing killed in shooting, FBI says

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    I’ve kept my CCW permit here. Got it in 2011 and become a cop until 2013. Figured if for some reason I needed it, I wouldn’t have to wait. So I donate money to the state every 5 years to renew it.

At first by us CCW holders could carry tasers, but off duty LE technically couldn’t, not that I would, just a weird quirk in the law. Since be fixed.
    Should say didn’t become a cop until 2013. Lol.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We've got two confirmed cases on the department and several being tested.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Do you expect an increase in domestics if families are staying at home together more?
    I drove through a normally very quite neighborhood last night to make a Rx delivery. There were 5 police cars blocking the entrance to a cul de sac. Domestic violence was the first thing that popped into my mind but I dont actually know.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Just met with a local Sheriffs Office counter part on an unrelated matter. They expected a huge spike in domestic violence cases due to the shut down but instead they have seen a spike in child sexual abuse complaints, most coming via CPS.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    We had a shooting in a trailer park yesterday. The population there consisted of many of the most at risk. Morbidly obese, diabetic, elderly, smokers, often all of the above. I noted that they certainly weren't taking any warnings about staying at home or social distancing seriously. Of course, any time a significant police presence shows up in lower income neighborhoods it's free entertainment so the ooh-ah squad shows and hovers at the edge of the crime scene for the Festival of The Flashing Lights.

Two ended up going to jail over the aftermath of the shooting as their drunken asses couldn't figure out they couldn't make threats to the crowd on the other side of the tape without consequences. Apparently they think nobody is going to jail for anything.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

All of you venturing in harm's way, please be careful out there.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List