Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Please don't interpret my post as laughing at other people.

I've just found the last few days to be a bit ironic.

No offense intended.

In a nearby state, offender visitation has been cancelled, meetings will henceforth be on-line instead of in person, training, except for on-line and range quals may be suspended. I can see some potential for locking down housing and stopping all but emergency facility moves soon. That state has put out some guidelines for work-from-home IT that have modified normal operations. Unknown what effect they will have on Parole's operations.

It's a Brave New World we're entering!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Do you expect an increase in domestics if families are staying at home together more?

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Do you expect an increase in domestics if families are staying at home together more?
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Yes. I'd also expect more reports from schools regarding suspected child abuse once they open back up. Depending on how the economic impacts go (if the limited hours and restaurant closures last for any real length of time, expect cuts to part-time labor), property crimes too. Idle hands.

I'm not one to question authority but...

Does anyone else feel like the closing of every bar and restaurant in a state is going to end up being a really bad idea?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    First, let's keep the thread on topic and within the scope of the subforum mission statement.

That out of the way...

https://fox59.com/news/ohio-jail-rel...avirus-spread/

We've been told to issue summons instead of custodial arrests when possible along with minor changes in how we do roll calls (less frequently), etc. Supervisors are charged with making sure everyone has the right filter for their mask. We've ordered a drum of hand sanitizer to refill bottles with instead of individual bottles.

https://www.wthr.com/article/indiana...itive-covid-19 ISP lab worker tested positive.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My department changed morning roll calls to pull through the parking lot and let your sergeant see you are on time. BOLOs and other email garbage now sent directly to our computers. Then, in the next alert email, they tell us to sign up for some class that is in a classroom......for four hours.......which is idiotic in these trying times.

Not much else has changed. My zone is a filthy hovel of a place....littered with prostitutes, drugs, needles, trash and other debris. I've been rolling with large bottles of hand sanitizer for years. More than one box of Venom gloves, waters on ice, extra ammo, med kits, boo boo kits..........all that rolls with me up in the pd ride. Just about every disease known is in my little slice of heaven of a zone......so adding one more bug to the mix isn't really changing a thing with me. I'm more concerned with fentanyl exposure, human bites, HIV, needles, Hep, etc. than this latest virus. Plus, the shot, stabbed, ran over thing.

It sort of feels like society is having to live like I've had to live for the last decade. Welcome to the party.

I predict the DV calls will go through the roof...and more of the parent/child aspect since schools are about to shut down and being a parent is hard work. When Timmy or Tammy gets disrespectful, the parent will want me to come parent for them. That kind of nonsense.

Regards.

Still zero changes or implementation of anything here.

Telework denied for support personnel. All Ops are a go.

No cancellation of any travel yet. Including OCONUS.

Business as usual here. Going to the range later...maybe I should throw on some PPE when patrol shows up.

It does look like my Advanced Glock armorer class will get suspended by NCJA...bummer.

User Tag List