Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    What data are you referring to?
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ting-and-riots

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Sounds like the perfect reason for a 911 call.

No dispatch for battery, burglary, damage to property etc...but if your feelings get hurt we'll rush right over.

Kumbayfuckin'ya.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Yes, please, in the middle of the worst public health crisis of the last 100 years, let's flood 911 with calls about name-calling...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Yes, please, in the middle of the worst public health crisis of the last 100 years, let's flood 911 with calls about name-calling...
    And just what the hell, pray tell, does the good chief expect the officers to do once they arrive?!? God, I had people...

Thank god I don’t work there.
    Really? 911 for name calling?
    Any other time you’d be risking an abuse of 911 citation.

Site Supporter
    And where EXACTLY is it that cops are allegedly not responding to batteries, burglaries, and criminal damage to property?

After the fact/cold scene they might be taking a report over the phone particularly in cases where there are no suspects or suspects are unknown and there aren't surveillance cameras to look at. But where EXACTLY is it that cops are not responding to crimes in progress? And HOW do you know that?

A meme you saw on Facebook doesn't count as "information" although it SHOULD be an impetus for you to do further research.

Jeff, lighten up. I'm referring to using 911 for being called names or alleged racist remarks. Things that most all of us have heard and encountered during our personal lives during the best of times.

(BTW, I don't use memes as the basis of my info, don't have a facebook or twitter account, and I think my body of posts here on the forum based on experience speaks for itself.)

And of course, I'm referring to taking telephonic reports on incidents which have already / just transpired. My intent was not to imply that violent crimes in progress would not be responded to.

From the Chief: "If you are not sure if a hate crime occurred, call 911 and we will respond and investigate." "Even name calling should be reported." (Really, if someone yells a race-based insult at you in traffic or you are not sure, but think maybe someone has insulted your ethnicity, you should call 911 and will get a police officer to respond in the midst of a pandemic???)

Not said: Unless you are a minority who has been called an offensive name or otherwise harassed due to your ethnicity, please do not call 911 for minor matters such as theft or burglary or drunk drivers, because we are far too busy and too worried about Covid-19 to respond to such minor things. We are only handling violent crimes and name-calling right now.

Sorry, although I oppose racism and hate crimes, and no offense to any ethnic group, but I think Seattle is getting its priorities a bit mixed-up.

Admittedly, I don't live there, and maybe I just don't understand the rate of race-based violence that permeates Seattle. Maybe this is necessary to save lives or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    From the Chief: "If you are not sure if a hate crime occurred, call 911 and we will respond and investigate." "Even name calling should be reported." (Really, if someone yells a race-based insult at you in traffic or you are not sure, but think maybe someone has insulted your ethnicity, you should call 911 and will get a police officer to respond in the midst of a pandemic???)

Not said: Unless you are a minority who has been called an offensive name or otherwise harassed due to your ethnicity, please do not call 911 for minor matters such as theft or burglary or drunk drivers, because we are far too busy and too worried about Covid-19 to respond to such minor things. We are only handling violent crimes and name-calling right now.

Sorry, although I oppose racism and hate crimes, and no offense to any ethnic group, but I think Seattle is getting its priorities a bit mixed-up.

Admittedly, I don't live there, and maybe I just don't understand the rate of race-based violence that permeates Seattle. Maybe this is necessary to save lives or something?
    I was investigated by our internal affairs folks for telling an agent of middle eastern origin that he couldn't work undercover on a case of mine, (involving potential terrorism post 9/11), because how could I be sure where his allegiance was? (It was a bit of banter between colleagues in the same group...overheard by a female analyst in the group, (wife of the NSA station chief at the time), who was offended by my so-called "racism", (via her eavesdropping on a conversation she wasn't a party to), and then had an investigation initiated.

Political correctness, gotta love it...

It wasn't all bad, though. I told the investigator that she was all touchy feely with me and when I rebuffed her she acted like a woman scorned. Everyone interviewed from other agents to the group supervisor to the ASAC backed me, including the alleged victim of my horrible xenophobia. The end result was that the case was squashed and I proudly posted my letter of clemency on the bulletin board for all to see. After all, not every agent is proven to be non-racist. I was a role model.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Pro tip for criminals — if every other house is flying a Trump flag, best to pick a different neighborhood.
    here’s another pro tip for them. Don’t count on rainbow flag houses to accommodate either. Sure as f not this one.

User Tag List