Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Per a buddy in Oregon who is a dog handler in the Portland Police Bureau:

Things are changing. Transients have figured out that jail is not an option for us. Walking in stores grabbing food and drink. Consuming in parking lot waiting for police to show up and issue cite "from a safe distance"
    Maybe COVID-19 will help more people see just how thin the layer of civility has become.

Hang in there, guys.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Several local agencies around here are no longer allowing traffic stops unless it’s an emergency, no arrests unless it’s violent crime, officers aren’t supposed to go in houses and are supposed to call people out, etc. All training canceled. Judges are letting non-violent offenders out of jail. Drug units can’t do buys, etc.

My agency has basically told us to lay down and work as much as possible from home.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Jails don't have to be nasty. In fact, to quote a now passed Sheriff, "There ain't no excuse for a nasty jail.". If your jail is nasty, you have a staff problem and/or a management problem.

In our jail, any inmate who does not participate in cleaning, sweeping, mopping, etc, is given another opportunity to help keep the facility clean when their cell door finally opens again in three days. Inmates on lock down don't get to go to the exercise year. The kiosk to order commissary items is in the exercise yard.

To again quote the now passed Sheriff, "If you don't have consequences, you don't have control.".
    I wish desperately that our facility had the support from the administration necessary to operate like this.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Several local agencies around here are no longer allowing traffic stops unless it’s an emergency, no arrests unless it’s violent crime, officers aren’t supposed to go in houses and are supposed to call people out, etc. All training canceled. Judges are letting non-violent offenders out of jail. Drug units can’t do buys, etc.

My agency has basically told us to lay down and work as much as possible from home.
    Pretty much same-same here, plus we were just told to not use Naracan on anyone due to the way it can cause spitting/coughing/saliva flinging.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

We’ve been effectively shut down as of this evening. No drug buys, no in-person contact with informants. Work from home, no going to the field office.

The narc guys at my former agency are preparing to be sent back to patrol within the next few days.

Site Supporter
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavir...fy-state-order

Police show up at Louisiana church that was defying coronavirus state order

Police responded Tuesday night to a Louisiana church where hundreds had congregated despite the state's ban on gatherings of more than 50 people — part of the effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Tony Spell, pastor of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said no "dictator law" could keep people from worshipping God, according to the local news.

“The virus, we believe, is politically motivated,” Spell told WAFB. “We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says.”

Spell said his church, which normally has more than 1,000 attendees on Sunday across five locations, will be distributing “anointed handkerchiefs” to provide members with “healing virtues.”

Armed B&E attempt last night in a neighborhood that never has to deal with stuff like that.

I tapped out and I'm burning 10 days of leave. I'd rather be at home while the wife and kids have to be here all the time.

We are now seeing an uptick in the normal calls of people who love/hate each other depending on what day of the week it is. More of the .....

"make my boyfriend leave cause protection order...even though I invited him here for smash"
    "go find my brat kid that thinks he can do the street life thing since school is out"
    "come run off the homeless guy cause he thinks he can come in even though we aren't accepting anyone new"

There's no pandemonium, no chaos, no societal drama on a large scale.......definitely no zombies which was what I was counting on.......

The worst panic here is admin freaking out about nothing. Stores have pretty much everything one needs (except ammo). I was in Walmart yesterday and saw calm shopping, stocked shelves......one young lady buying a pump shotgun.....I had to pick up an ammo can for my case of .22 that came in earlier in the week.......

But overall, the week has been slow at work. Raining today so we will see how the usual Friday rainy crash cars like hades action is with less people on the streets.

My hookers are still walking and working so no economic slowdown on that front.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    We are now seeing an uptick in the normal calls of people who love/hate each other depending on what day of the week it is. More of the .....

"make my boyfriend leave cause protection order...even though I invited him here for smash"
    "go find my brat kid that thinks he can do the street life thing since school is out"
    "come run off the homeless guy cause he thinks he can come in even though we aren't accepting anyone new"

There's no pandemonium, no chaos, no societal drama on a large scale.......definitely no zombies which was what I was counting on.......

The worst panic here is admin freaking out about nothing. Stores have pretty much everything one needs (except ammo). I was in Walmart yesterday and saw calm shopping, stocked shelves......one young lady buying a pump shotgun.....I had to pick up an ammo can for my case of .22 that came in earlier in the week.......

But overall, the week has been slow at work. Raining today so we will see how the usual Friday rainy crash cars like hades action is with less people on the streets.

My hookers are still walking and working so no economic slowdown on that front.

Regards.
    Sorry, but: Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

User Tag List