Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Hopefully not the cheap loose fitting food service gloves our former administration tried to foist on us once...
    I’ve been buying my own for a while. Venom Steel black gloves at Lowe’s. Got 2 boxes and 12 Surefire cr123 cells last time I was in there.

We’ve transitioned pistols twice since we were issued fresh duty rounds. Been 10 years since they gave us fresh cartridges. I buy those too out of pocket.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Surgical.

The cheapest ones, I’m betting.
    Hopefully not the cheap loose fitting food service gloves our former administration tried to foist on us once...
    It’s appalling to me that any LE agency in the US is failing keeping its staff well supplied with gloves, irrespective of any current health concerns.

My son's academy just canceled all further in-person training and are going to try and finish online. Thankfully defensive and arrest control tactics are done already but the firearms module is going t be a challenge. My connection at P.O.S.T. says all LE Academies state-wide are under orders to immediately (actually as of 2359 last night) cease in-person training until further notice. I also know about a dozen cops and firefighters who have been sent to quarantine following a couple calls.

Interesting times.

I buy my own gloves. Heavy duty autopsy gloves with long cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Any mention of plans to ask recent retirees to come back to work, if enough active officers are unable to work? I could see the sense in asking Phase-Down A and B folks to return to duty. C, “D,” and fully-retired would have to be re-sworn, and probably hired as contractors, to get around the pension rules, but this has been done in the past; hiring retirees, on a contrarpr basis, for non-patrol assignments. (I am C, and my TCOLE current, if I were to complete my mandated training hours by August 2021.)

I don’t want to say it a was a (r, u, m, o, r,) but I was asked, by someone who is in communication with OEM folks, which is NOT the same thing as saying that OEM has actually discussed this.

My major burden would be having to self-isolate from my wife, whose health places her into a most-vulnerable condition.
    I was on conference call today and as of now there aren't any plans to call back employees that are on phase down. On the upside, since we've been through so many hurricanes, none of the preparations they've asked us to make is out of the ordinary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I’ve been buying my own for a while. Venom Steel black gloves at Lowe’s. Got 2 boxes and 12 Surefire cr123 cells last time I was in there.

We’ve transitioned pistols twice since we were issued fresh duty rounds. Been 10 years since they gave us fresh cartridges. I buy those too out of pocket.
    Good Lord, I thought we were horrible. Ten years?
    We went four years on a low bid buy of Remington Express .40 JHP rounds back during the Great Recession..

Good Lord, I thought we were horrible. Ten years?
    We went four years on a low bid buy of Remington Express .40 JHP rounds back during the Great Recession..
    Ten years plus.......and counting.

We got fresh ammo with our M&Ps, then used the same stuff with the G17s. Now we have G45s. Same old cartridges.

Our chain of command has been very responsive and working well to get out in front of this thing. We already had boxes and boxes of nitrile gloves, as we are often first to medical and death calls in our area. After all this COVID-CRAPOLA started, one of our sergeants scared up a bunch of PPE, to include Tyvek coveralls, N95 filters for our pro-masks, disposable N95 masks and a bunch of other stuff. Plus, the bosses put out some good guidelines on how and when to use these items.

The bosses also secured quantities of good antiseptic soap and had a couple of alcohol-foam dispensers installed at entry points in our office.

So far, we've only picked up 10 confirmed cases in our state. I'm sure there are more to come, but at least we've got a road map on how to proceed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    It’s appalling to me that any LE agency in the US is failing keeping its staff well supplied with gloves, irrespective of any current health concerns.
    We regularly supply our cops.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Surgical.

The cheapest ones, I’m betting.
    Damn, ya all ARE on a budget! LOL.

Be safe out there. Gloved or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I was on conference call today and as of now there aren't any plans to call back employees that are on phase down. On the upside, since we've been through so many hurricanes, none of the preparations they've asked us to make is out of the ordinary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

Be safe and well!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List