Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID and Law Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    One more vote for me to move to Arizona.
    Even the liberals have guns here...
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    The Supreme Court of Virginia issued directives over the weekend to all Circuit and District Courts in Virginia.
    Court facilities are open to the public on a limited basis until 4.3.2020.
    All civil and traffic trials are postponed to a later date. Criminal trials are only done if the defendant is in custody. The rest will be continued.
    Our Sheriff has put a twenty one day moratorium on evictions and property seizures (writ of possession in detinue) with permission of the Judges. Our writs will be extended by twenty one days to facilitate rescheduling, posting of eviction notices, and execution of the writs, if needed.
    Transports from other jails have been restricted as much as possible to prevent possible cross-contamination between jail facilities.
    Court deputies are screening all visitors to the court buildings with a questionnaire and sending away all that admit to symptoms described on the questionnaire.
    All classroom training is postponed but I still have range duty Thursday (outdoor facility).

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    They asked us our glove size today........which shows how out of touch admin is......because my merry band of squad mates have been buying their own gloves and sanitizer for years.

So we gave them our sizes......which they wrote down......to give to supply...which will have to fill out purchase orders.....which.....well.....I'm sure we will see these things in 6-8 weeks.

The calls for service have been super light. We're coping by hitting up local gun stores and looking at toys.
    Like... Mechanix type gloves or surgical type gloves?

We're pretty much planning for a worst case scenario at this point. All officers are being asked to bring enough uniforms, personal clothes, toiletries, and sleeping gear to live at the station for at least a week. I always keep my locker stocked at work and I have a cot in my office. Luckily my station has showers, 2 kitchens, gym, washer/dryer and enough lockers so that we won't be miserable if we are put on 24hr shifts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    We're pretty much planning for a worst case scenario at this point. All officers are being asked to bring enough uniforms, personal clothes, toiletries, and sleeping gear to live at the station for at least a week. I always keep my locker stocked at work and I have a cot in my office. Luckily my station has showers, 2 kitchens, gym, washer/dryer and enough lockers so that we won't be miserable if we are put on 24hr shifts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Any mention of plans to ask recent retirees to come back to work, if enough active officers are unable to work? I could see the sense in asking Phase-Down A and B folks to return to duty. C, “D,” and fully-retired would have to be re-sworn, and probably hired as contractors, to get around the pension rules, but this has been done in the past; hiring retirees, on a contrarpr basis, for non-patrol assignments. (I am C, and my TCOLE current, if I were to complete my mandated training hours by August 2021.)

I don’t want to say it a was a (r, u, m, o, r,) but I was asked, by someone who is in communication with OEM folks, which is NOT the same thing as saying that OEM has actually discussed this.

My major burden would be having to self-isolate from my wife, whose health places her into a most-vulnerable condition.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-17-2020 at 04:50 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    My major burden would be having to self-isolate from my wife, whose health places her into a most-vulnerable condition.
    That's job 1. Stay retired, Rex and take care of that good woman. She's worried about you enough nights already.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's job 1. Stay retired, Rex and take care of that good woman. She's worried about you enough nights already.
    Quite true.

Notably, the county (M.E.’s Office) asked her to come back, out of retirement, not long after she left. She turned them down, of course. That was a toxic place!

If I were to return to sworn duty, I’d rather it be for our tiny home city, rather than return to Houston PD. My wife has actually spoken to the Assistant Chief about that, during an event last year, though that was before COVID-19 was a known factor.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I was supposed to attend EVOC prior to picking up my new Charger, but ILEA is now closed for 8 weeks.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Like... Mechanix type gloves or surgical type gloves?
    Surgical.

The cheapest ones, I’m betting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Surgical.

The cheapest ones, I’m betting.
    Hopefully not the cheap loose fitting food service gloves our former administration tried to foist on us once...

User Tag List