Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .45 ACP revolvers?

Well, no joy on my one and only Gunbroker attempt, I got outbid by about $60. Considering the other prices I'm seeing on the same gun, I'm kind of wishing I'd tried a little harder, but only kind of. Now I'm second guessing the whole idea, asking myself what I gain by going from a 10 shot semi-auto to a 6 shot revolver. The CZ is set up as a target shooter, so no gain there. I've worked on the trigger, it's pretty awesome in SA or DA. Yeah, it would be nice to have a revolver at some point, but if I ever do, I'm thinking I'd be smarter sticking to my original plan of a Ruger GP 100 in .38/.357. Yeah, it's another cartridge to load for, but it's still a common and easily acquired one. I think I'm just going to think of this as a temporary aberration, and go back to my plan of focusing on getting good with what I have, and on my loading for same. Later, all, and thanks for the suggestions.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daved20319 View Post
    Well, no joy on my one and only Gunbroker attempt, I got outbid by about $60. Considering the other prices I'm seeing on the same gun, I'm kind of wishing I'd tried a little harder, but only kind of. Now I'm second guessing the whole idea, asking myself what I gain by going from a 10 shot semi-auto to a 6 shot revolver. The CZ is set up as a target shooter, so no gain there. I've worked on the trigger, it's pretty awesome in SA or DA. Yeah, it would be nice to have a revolver at some point, but if I ever do, I'm thinking I'd be smarter sticking to my original plan of a Ruger GP 100 in .38/.357. Yeah, it's another cartridge to load for, but it's still a common and easily acquired one. I think I'm just going to think of this as a temporary aberration, and go back to my plan of focusing on getting good with what I have, and on my loading for same. Later, all, and thanks for the suggestions.

Dave
    Give it a month or two and I bet prices will come down.

I love my .357 GP100. That's not a bad choice either.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List