Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I love Titegroup

I moved to TG after transitioning from Beretta to Glock for production. My N320 loads were giving shotgun like patterns at distance. TG tightened up the group a bit. Note: this is my Gen 3, not to confuse another thread where no load could fix my Gen 4 accuracy issues.

I've been using Titegroup in my .40 S&W loads for a while. Very accurate in multiple guns with 4.4 grains and a 180 Zero or Montana Gold JHP. Strangely, I haven't found a good 9mm load with Titegroup.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

My go to has always been Winchester 231, but I just picked up a pound of Titegroup not long ago. I haven't tried it yet and I hope it meters well with a Dillon 550. I have been using 800x for 10mm for quite some time. Only thing that sucks is it doesn't meter at all. So I use that for batch loads and measure each round by hand.

Anyone try Ramshot zip before? I found some of that for sale, I also noticed that they have 9mm +p load data for it as well.

Never tried Zip but do use Enforcer for 44 Mag. It is easy to work with. I have not obtained the velocities as with H110. Often can find 4lb kegs for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I've been using Titegroup in my .40 S&W loads for a while. Very accurate in multiple guns with 4.4 grains and a 180 Zero or Montana Gold JHP. Strangely, I haven't found a good 9mm load with Titegroup.
    I have had good luck with a Blue Bullet 147fp in the mid 3's for a load in my Glocks and my VP9. Same load in my P2000 can't hit the broad side of a barn. I mean its bad. No more .355 bullets in that one.

I don’t quite know why, perhaps it has to do with not being a reloader, but every time I scroll through New Posts and see the title of this thread it registers as Titty Group and images of supermodels clad in nothing but skimpy P-F orange lingerie flash momentarily through my mind.

I am fully cognizant of the fact that I have the maturity of an 8th grader. There I said it so you don’t have to.

I love Titegroup. Do you guys have any loads for 123-130 gr. FMJ 38 SPL or 230 gr 45 ACP? For 9mm 115 gr, I use 4.5 grains which seem to match most range fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    In 9mm, I run 4.2 gr under any 124 gr bullet, especially like it paired with 124gr XTP or Gold Dot, or with X-Treme 124gr plated HP. Very accurate in my Glocks.

4.8 gr under a Montana Gold JHP is also a favorite of mine, very accurate.

9mm load

I load 4.0 grains of Titegroup at 1.150 OAL using a Berry’s 124 plated round nose and at 1.065 using their 124 plated flat point, both with excellent accuracy. They chrono right around 130 powerfactor giving just a bit of a buffer over the minor power factor floor.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I load 4.0 grains of Titegroup at 1.150 OAL using a Berry’s 124 plated round nose and at 1.065 using their 124 plated flat point, both with excellent accuracy. They chrono right around 130 powerfactor giving just a bit of a buffer over the minor power factor floor.
    No kidding? I haven’t tried Titegroup in a long time. When I did try it I was using costed bullets and I remember not liking it. I don’t remember why though. I’ve been using 147 or 124 Xtremes for a couple of years now. Might be time to try Titegroup again. Seems like I can always find it in stock somewhere.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List