Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA and Corona

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    I signed up for next Thursday's match.

Not because I'm brave, but because I hope that so few people show up, I actually take first.
    Hopefully that will come with some awesome prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I think a lot of people will not react well to draconian measures.

Survey Monkey will give them an opportunity to rank on 0-10 scale how hurt their feelings were.

Let's come back to hermit discussion when our jobs tell us to sit out a couple of weeks at home. Mine just sent an email that they are happy to let you accumulate -80 hours of PTO, but you will have to pay that back.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I just got word that three of our clinicians may have been exposed and are being interviewed by the state medical director. Besides our organization it impacts a long term care facility and the local hospital. Pretty much wipes out the health care infrastructure in that part of a rural state.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Four weeks ago, I was at a USPSA match at my local club. We were short in our squad on people to run the pad, and I asked a new shooter if he knew how to run the pad. Said no, but was willing to learn. I worked with him, handing the pad back and forth, standing next to him. Part way through the match, I asked him what he did, and he said he was a pilot. Told him my wife and I were pilots, and asked what he flew. Response was “737.” Then I asked him where he flew, and he said “in China.” I almost dropped the pad on the ground. Asked him when he was last in China, and he said two weeks previously.

My wife and I have been discussing what matches we will or will not attend, whether we will bring our own tape, procedures for handling the pad or timer.
    Have you died yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you look at what is happening internationally, the goal should be control this with voluntary behavior, before it reaches a tipping point, and becomes so severe that government institutes quarantines and other measures that are draconian. The Seattle area is like our canary in the mine, and we should do everything possible to learn from as opposed to replicate their experience.
    I think a lot of people will not react well to draconian measures.
    NC Governor just closed all K-12 public schools in state, and said no mass meeting of more than 100 people.

Which leaves a lot of working parents scrambling for ways to take care of kids that won't be in school for a while.

If one is not willing to voluntarily modify behavior as GJM suggests, and consider the Governor's move "draconian", what other solution might be advisable?

Have you died yet?
    Probably the same guy who says: Don't worry it's empty.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Have you died yet?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    NC Governor just closed all K-12 public schools in state, and said no mass meeting of more than 100 people.
    Ohio's governor did the same thing earlier this week. I've spent hours searching the Ohio Revised Code for his authority to do so and still have come up empty.

To be completely honest, fuck that shit until I can see for myself statutory authority. And maybe even then.

Have you died yet?

Site Supporter
    Ohio's governor did the same thing earlier this week. I've spent hours searching the Ohio Revised Code for his authority to do so and still have come up empty.

To be completely honest, fuck that shit until I can see for myself statutory authority. And maybe even then.
    At the risk of being provocative - are you saying that avoiding large crowds is not a good idea?
    Or are you just feeling annoyed that someone is telling you to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Probably the same guy who says: Don't worry it's empty.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    That's a brilliant analogy.

Thank God for the internets.

User Tag List