Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA and Corona

USPSA and Corona

So who is limiting attendance at matches, or considering doing so, as a form of social distancing?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So who is limiting attendance at matches, or considering doing so, as a form of social distancing?
    I had a match last weekend, which I skipped due to another commitment.

But yeah, I'll probably skip an indoor match and next month's outdoor match until I see where this is going. I'm in the vulnerable category for this shit.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Matches won’t start for me for another month, but I was wondering if USPSA or the various clubs would come up with some policy. I feel like I’ve received emails detailing corona virus policies from every company that I have ever done business with. I’m a little surprised that USPSA hasn’t published something.

As of right now, I’m not planning on shooting April matches.

The last two indoor league nights, I skipped. I would like to shoot outdoors, but I might be skipping matches this year and going fishing.

I can see the reason for skipping indoor matches but outdoors?
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Why?
    Proximity

I got in touch with the USPSA leadership yesterday. To their credit, they got back to me. Took several tries on my part, but they were predictably busy. They are leaving decisions to individual clubs. I understand their reasoning but I will not be voting for the current leadership in the next go-around.

I got in touch with my local club leadership to try and have them cancel tomorrow's match. I failed to convince them. I am pleased to see that people have withdrawn since the beginning of this week. I am even more pleased to see that the CO division shooters who I either compete against or try to close the gap with either didn't sign up or have withdrawn.

I intend to skip matches for the next two weekends and then reassess.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    My feeling is, I’ve probably already been exposed to it. I’m not in a high risk category. Nor is my spouse, who gets exposed to pretty much everything in her work. I’m planning on two matches this weekend, one in a neighboring state about two hours from here. and one in this one, and there is cv in this state and that one. Hell it is supposed to snow tomorrow. Based on available evidence I don’t see a good reason not to go, other than traffic hassles if it snows.

eta what do we expect to know in two weeks?

I guess to further elaborate; brassers, tapers, folks resetting props like swingers, poppers and Texas stars. People using a stapler, setting and picking up target frames, anyone using the shitter. All of the above have common points of contact and could transmit virus, even if outdoors. Additionally, unloaded starts from a table or barrel, a doorknob on a stage, etc., etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Why?
    The social distancing is loosely defined as six feet between you and next individual. Not sure why six when droplets from cough can travel farther. You will have your squad mates as close, or closer, to you for 6 hours. Every RO will be on top of every shooter at the beginning and at the end of each run. You will pass the tape to each other. Multiple people will be handling the scoring pad and the timer. Some nice dude will pick your mag up after your run. Different people will be resetting steel.
    Ultimately, no paper we've seen has said so far that indoors is high risk and outdoors isn't. All they say is to limit nonessential public gathering.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List