Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nerdcore: the P-F RPG Photo thread SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    This is a partial shot of one of my closets. This is maybe 1/4 of my collection, mostly the classic titles

Attachment 50497
    Mmm, dat Hill.

3 copies of Panzer Blitz? Were you wearing them out?

I have the PC/DOS version of Silent Service II (1990) around here someplace. I don't think it will run with Win 10 tho.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have the PC/DOS version of Silent Service II (1990) around here someplace. I don't think it will run with Win 10 tho.
    Where there's a will there's a way:

https://www.dosbox.com/

Not sure if it works with Win 10 or Silent Service II but used it to resurrect an ancient copy of Conflict on a Win 7 machine a few years back.

Site Supporter
    I'm entirely too lazy to dig out the box that has my copy of Greyhawk and what's left of my copy of the D&D basic set, so I hope these give me adequate nerd cred for this thread.

Name:  IMG_20200323_205213346.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  74.5 KB

That brown thing is full of 1:285 assorted cold-war-era US armor minis. I suppose there's a copy of those rules around here someplace also.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-23-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typos/grammar
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I'm entirely too lazy to dig out the box that has my copy of Greyhawk and what's left of my copy of the D&D basic set, so I hope these give me adequate nerd cred for this thread.

Name:  IMG_20200323_205213346.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  74.5 KB
    I think I remember 1914; did it have a hand drawn hex map, and units that broke down 4 sides of 2 counters as they took damage?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCarl View Post
    I think I remember 1914; did it have a hand drawn hex map, and units that broke down 4 sides of 2 counters as they took damage?
    I didn't remember so I took a look in the box. They look like standard square counters.

Bonus pic of part of the map, the it's prettier than my cell phone pic shows.
    Name:  IMG_20200323_214733929.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  60.1 KB
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    I didn't remember so I took a look in the box. They look like standard square counters.

Bonus pic of part of the map, the it's prettier than my cell phone pic shows.
    Name:  IMG_20200323_214733929.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  60.1 KB
    Looks awfully familiar. One of my high school buddies had an early copy--perhaps pre-dating the AH version? You could tell that some of the hexes had handmade flaws in the borders.

Do corps (units) flip and then get replaced with another counter after 2 steps of damage? I think it's the first game I played with that mechanism. I remember the little diamonds on the map as being fortresses, that were a bitch to take down without the German mega artillery. Cavalry's combat strength was recorded in parentheses; they couldn't attack, but could block infantry units from advancing.

Neat traffic jam game with a lot of counter density. Very similar to most Bulge games (for obvious reasons).

Edit: memory confirmed by this link https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4962/1914. In some of the map pics you can see where the pen overlaps and doesn't make perfect intersections of the hex edges. Gives it a real artisanal feel, in my book.
    Last edited by TheCarl; 03-23-2020 at 09:10 PM.

I'm just going to get this out of the way right now...

Now on to business. I found my Technical Blueprints and my old, broken down copy of Mechwarrior.

Name:  IMG_2901.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  94.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_2902.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_2903.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  99.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_2904.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  92.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2906.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  102.1 KB

The "unseen" 'Mechs are the best 'Mechs.
    Name:  IMG_2907.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  84.6 KB

@JRB I had a crap load of the novels too. I had the stuff on the Gray Death Legion, all the Clan War stuff I could lay my hands on and random stand-alone stuff.

I can't get to them yet, but on the same shelf where I found these, I saw my copies of Squad Leader and Panzer Blitz. I hope that same box has my Car Wars, Ogre and One Page Bulge games too.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Yeah, the best looking 'Mechs were the ones with IP issues, unfortunately. Love me some Marauder!

I wonder where my set of 'Mech blue prints went? They would look nice on the wall with my human silhouettes with buckshot patterns.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List