Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Purchases that may coincide with reasons...

Forget ammo. We were running low on rolled ass wipe, so I went to Costco and bought a bunch. Not because I'm paranoid, but because everyone else seems to be and I may have to wipe my ass in the next few weeks. Bottled water also seems to be going fast. Never mind the disease isn't transmitted that way and your tap water at home is perfectly safe. I'm surprised we haven't seen lines at the gas pumps yet. Local shelves are now bare on rolled ass wipe, but there's plenty of ammo around.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I have postponed all unnecessary purchases. We will owe the IRS far more than anticipated, in April. I had wanted to refresh handgun and shotgun ammo, completely independent of any current events in the news, but it is going to have to wait.
    Same story here.

Wife and I transition to working from home full-time next week though, which actually should help the budget. No more coffee runs three days a week when we drive in together, neither of us eating out to lunch, no more doggy daycamp for the dog, and no more driving to drop him off and then drive to work. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the budget shakes out, I have an idea, but I admit I don't track every single cent we spend, so my ballpark could be off a bit.

In the meantime, I'm covered on ammo across the board, though low on 147-grain HST.

Now will be a good time to work through some honey-do chores around the house and some "need to" chores for me, like take inventory of gun-related shit and actually get it all sorted into one place. Spring Cleaning will abound in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't seen lines at the gas pumps yet.
    We would have already, but people are staying home and not traveling so fewer need to buy gas. Combined with $30/bbl oil prices, we should see gas prices plummet.

Site Supporter
    Ordered a case of Lawman 147gr, cause working from home for the indefinite future = more range time.

Just ordered a value pack of 1/2 watt metal film resistors, as I'm out of 100k.
    Which has noting to do with kung flu.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

What's CCISV?

I just bought 20,000 Remington small pistol primers because they were a super deal.

I bought 5,000 Federal large pistol primers because I thought that might be the culprit in my 625s FTGB (failures to go bang). See my Manufacturing Rant for the real problem. Still, the primers were on sale.

CCISV=CCI Standard Velocity .22LR
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    What's CCISV?

I just bought 20,000 Remington small pistol primers because they were a super deal.

I bought 5,000 Federal large pistol primers because I thought that might be the culprit in my 625s FTGB (failures to go bang). See my Manufacturing Rant for the real problem. Still, the primers were on sale.
    Sale still going on? I was putting together my yearly reload order before all this stuff started. I’m still short some primers.

I have an LTT 92 Compact waiting at my FFL, because $797 shipped...

I'm actually low on ammo and I'm taking a pistol class this weekend. So I'll be swinging by Sportsman's Warehouse and grabbing a few hundred rounds of 9mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List