Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog

Grand Power Stribog

I haven’t seen these discussed much here. My brother is thinking of getting one and I don’t know much about them. I’ve seen that a third generation version is coming and it will be roller-delayed blowback. It will also cost about $300 more than the currently available ones. My brother would likely slap a brace and a red dot on it and mostly shoot paper. Does anyone here have any experience with them?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

GT likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I did watch that video. I was hoping to hear some first hand accounts from the membership. I think my brother went ahead and ordered one already so he’ll be finding out for himself.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I shot a borrowed one at our IPSC PCC nationals this weekend(possibly our last match for a bit but alas...)

I was very impressed with it. I shot the 10" barrel model and came 6th with it . The A3 is very soft shooting , much nicer than the blowback guns to shoot. Reminds me of a very loud airsoft.

Mags don't drop free which is unfortunate and honestly the mags are its only real flea. Though they are improving and apparently another upgrade is coming.

I had one stoppage in 12 stages. with 124gr factory FMJ. Not my gun so I don't know the age or mileage on the mag.

I am very seriously considering selling my AR to replace with a PCC and the Stribog A3 is in the running.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I shot a borrowed one at our IPSC PCC nationals this weekend(possibly our last match for a bit but alas...)

I was very impressed with it. I shot the 10" barrel model and came 6th with it . The A3 is very soft shooting , much nicer than the blowback guns to shoot. Reminds me of a very loud airsoft.

Mags don't drop free which is unfortunate and honestly the mags are its only real flea. Though they are improving and apparently another upgrade is coming.

I had one stoppage in 12 stages. with 124gr factory FMJ. Not my gun so I don't know the age or mileage on the mag.

I am very seriously considering selling my AR to replace with a PCC and the Stribog A3 is in the running.
    Thanks for the info. I’m seriously considering the A3 myself. I wonder if it will be available in the 10” barrel configuration when it’s imported to the US. Every A1 I’ve seen available online has been the 8” version. I would prefer the slightly longer barrel. What are the known issues with the magazines besides not being drop-free?

Slightly OT, what has you considering replacing your AR with a PCC? Is the AR strictly a competition gun and the PCC would be a more practical competition gun? Is it a defensive use gun?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Thanks for the info. I’m seriously considering the A3 myself. I wonder if it will be available in the 10” barrel configuration when it’s imported to the US. Every A1 I’ve seen available online has been the 8” version. I would prefer the slightly longer barrel. What are the known issues with the magazines besides not being drop-free?

Slightly OT, what has you considering replacing your AR with a PCC? Is the AR strictly a competition gun and the PCC would be a more practical competition gun? Is it a defensive use gun?
    The mags area little fragile and don't seem to last like we are used to with most modern mags.

The AR or PCC is primarily a competition gun that could be pressed into defensive use. I'm not really a rifle guy, I am primarily a shotgun and handgun guy. The nature of IPSC competition is that PCC is a lot more fun than rifle. I can afford to shoot a lot more 9mm than 223( 223 ammo is bloody expensive here). So I could get more proficient with the PCC, I can shoot it in more places too. The thought of setting off 5.56mm rounds in my house doesn't appeal because of the noise and blast. And the compact PCC's are a lot easier to take places unobtrusively than an AR.

I appreciate that pressed into a defensive roll a 9mm is going to be less effective shot to shot than a 5.6. But i also appreciate that if I shoot it more I can shoot it better which makes it more effective. Also that a burst of 9mm has historically worked pretty well from carbines at house sort of ranges.

In the US I would likely have both, here I think for my uses the PCC makes better sense.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The mags area little fragile and don't seem to last like we are used to with most modern mags.

The AR or PCC is primarily a competition gun that could be pressed into defensive use. I'm not really a rifle guy, I am primarily a shotgun and handgun guy. The nature of IPSC competition is that PCC is a lot more fun than rifle. I can afford to shoot a lot more 9mm than 223( 223 ammo is bloody expensive here). So I could get more proficient with the PCC, I can shoot it in more places too. The thought of setting off 5.56mm rounds in my house doesn't appeal because of the noise and blast. And the compact PCC's are a lot easier to take places unobtrusively than an AR.

I appreciate that pressed into a defensive roll a 9mm is going to be less effective shot to shot than a 5.6. But i also appreciate that if I shoot it more I can shoot it better which makes it more effective. Also that a burst of 9mm has historically worked pretty well from carbines at house sort of ranges.

In the US I would likely have both, here I think for my uses the PCC makes better sense.
    Makes perfect sense to me.

I didn't realize the A3 has been out yet. Would like to see when those hit the USA. Ive been contemplating a whatever class this is as its not really a PCC as a fun range toy, home defense device and maybe even a longer gun to have in the car should that need arise.

The proprietary mags are the only turn off at this stage. Glock mags are plenty around the household so that would be an added bonus for me.

Anymore experience with this? Handled one then other day, and considering this, or the Ruger PC Charger.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Anymore experience with this? Handled one then other day, and considering this, or the Ruger PC Charger.
    My brother hasn’t been able to shoot his yet between the COVID lockdowns and the rioting.

User Tag List