Thread: Heritage Arms 22/22mag Rough Rider

Heritage Arms 22/22mag Rough Rider

I just picked one up on a trade deal, it's a cowboy single action with target adjustable rear sight and front fibef optic with interchangeable 22lr and 22mag cylinders.

Anybody have any experience with one?

It's a fun gun to shoot and quite the tack driver.

They're not bad for what they are. It should go bang for quite a long time and if it's ever lost/stolen/broken it's not a big deal since they are so cheap...$99 usually.

This is the one

http://www.heritagemfg.com/site/deta...22MS6AS_lg.jpg

Not the $99 specimen you speak of.

I've got a blued, fixed-sight version that's about 10 years old at this point. Fit and finish aren't the greatest (though the newer ones are nicer), but I have no idea how many thousands of rounds it's had through it since I've owned it. For the price, it's a great plinker.
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My experience was with one I purchased at 18. It was a god awful piece of crap made of pot metal that broke in short order.

I don't know if they are any better these days, but mine wasn't fit to be a door stop.
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Not the $99 specimen you speak of.
    No, it's the same gun, just with fiber optic sights and multi-colored plywood grips. And the zinc frame is painted silver, not black.

For what it is, which is a nearly-disposable .22 plinker, it's not a bad gun. It's no Single Six, but they generally work right up until the point where they don't.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

My buddy has one. It shoots pretty well. The thing can take a beating. My advice...shoot the heck out of it and have fun!

User Tag List