Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Yeah, you should enter the moonshine raffle. Its okay, you probably won't get it anyway and if you do you're in for a great deal...

https://geissele.com/moonshine
    so you're entering for a chance to buy a blemished gun because of perceived rarity?

what am I missing here? Surely I have this wrong?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    so you're entering for a chance to buy a blemished gun because of perceived rarity?

(Not Rob_s)

No, I think more due to the bargain price on such a mechanically high-quality gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Prior to the raffles, the blemished guns would sell out in a matter of minutes after being posted since they were around 50-60% cheaper than the non-blemished guns. The raffle was their idea to even everyone’s chances of getting one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Everybody rattle cans them after. Kinda weird but I get it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    After that post I grabbed one of the their LE models for myself, here: https://geissele.com/rifles/super-du...forcement.html. There's some variation in the LE models and the specific components have changed a couple of times since introduction. Here are some observations of mine. Overall I'm pleased, and at $850 it's a bargain.

• continuous top rail
    • no sights
    • no magazine
    • box content has swag and an excellent manual
    • QMS trigger, smooth with a clean break, better than mil but not quite an ACT
    • ambi selector (R side stub)
    • no blue line on rail
    • rails are addressed but no fill, that's okay
    • installed Aimpoint T1 and sling
    • replaced A2 hider with Vortex G6-A2, slight adjustment to sight after swap (initial zero with A2)
    • ~1000 rounds, 11 loads, .223 and 5.56, 50gr to 77gr, includes light impulse lead-free ammo
    • initial 25yd near zero -1.5”, shot as expected 100 to 400yds on B/C steel with typical holds
    • impulse is unique, mid-length like but a little different, smoother
    • maritime bolt catch is handy
    • early indications that barrel is a little over 1 MOA, no worse than 1.5
    • handguards heat up like comparable others
    • overall handling and balance is good, handles fast and well
    • i can take or leave the B5 SOPMOD stock, no complaint but may be an opportunity to cut weight
    • barrel is gov profile, I wouldn’t mind a LW profile in this configuration
    • grip screw is proper slotted head – no allen key required
    Let me know if you're looking to part with the B5 SOPMOD. I'm looking to buy.

Student
    Looks like there are still some 14.5" DDC blems that aren't quite moonshine but are at least in stock today.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    Let me know if you're looking to part with the B5 SOPMOD. I'm looking to buy.
    Hey, I'm getting rid of mine. I don't mind black but it seems to retain a little too much heat in the Arizona sun. I'll be replacing it with a green MOE SL.

Site Supporter
    Anyone have the LE 10.3" pistol version? Considering this or a BCM 11.5" pistol for a road trip option.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Hey, I'm getting rid of mine. I don't mind black but it seems to retain a little too much heat in the Arizona sun. I'll be replacing it with a green MOE SL.
    OD green and black are nearly identical in terms of retaining heat, especially Magpul's OD which is quite dark. FDE or Coyote are much better at staying cooler to the touch.

So I have an all black super duty 11.5 (all Geissele upper/lower/internals/SSA) with 400 rounds through it now. The last 30 were suppressed. She does well over all. I have the H2/Super 42 in mine and it seemed to be alright suppressed, but I might run it with an H3 once I get the second RC2 for it. So far I like it, but I'm saving for the P4Xi/ super precision mount.

Name:  100674338_1355863204607417_3410138427398553600_n.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  40.5 KB

The Tan RC2 is for my URGI and is presently in Jail. I get conjugal visits obviously. I will say it's less gassy than the URGI but still kinda gassy. Also, the Nano coating is no joke. I cleaned up a gun that fired suppressed easier than a rifle that fired unsuppressed in less time. I'm a huge fan of the Geissele REBCG. I'm going to put it in the URGI for sure. IT's not something that will increase the quality of your suppressed shooting experience.....but it's easy to clean and very well made. The tolerances/build quality is excellent also BTW. See the video below from a channel I just found.

User Tag List