Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Picked up a black duty rifle myself. Does the color in real life look as good as the photo? I'm usually not a fan of the green color scheme but it looks really sharp on that gun.

@karmapolice has a couple he likes; uppers not complete guns and at this point neither of them is factory since I've had my grubby fingers all over them. I built one and then did a rail swap on the other for him. My only complaint about them is their "bombproof" gas block installation apparently involves green loctite to seal the gas block to the barrel. No bueno. Makes working on it suck. They run well and shoot fine too. Both of his are 11.5" guns.

Here's a 10 shot 100yd group I fired with his topped with the NX8. Either I shanked two and it's a 0.8 MOA gun or I didn't and it's a 1.5 MOA gun. Speer 62gr gold dot.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman_15 View Post
    Picked up a black duty rifle myself. Does the color in real life look as good as the photo? I'm usually not a fan of the green color scheme but it looks really sharp on that gun.
    It is indeed pretty striking. My original intent was to pick up one in desert tan similar to the blemish gun that TCinVA got, but after seeing preview pictures on Geissele's social media and comparing them to the olive drab rifles they've previous released, I couldn't resist. When I opened the box, I knew I made the right decision.

I'm hoping for some Hungarian Moonshine.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Name:  rifles.jpg
Views: 2772
Size:  100.7 KB

Mine is a "blemish" gun that has what I believe to be the nitrided barrel.

I haven't done a real accuracy breakdown on it because good ammo is in such short supply at the moment. I have no doubt it will prove to be very accurate when I do.

It's a lovely rifle. It will likely turn out to be one of the more accurate rifles I own. It doesn't like cheap Russian steel-cased ammo (not enough gas to run it properly in awkward positions) but I expect that. The trigger is, as best I can tell, one they only sell in rifles that they've built. It's a little nicer than the basic Geissele triggers I have in a couple of my other guns. It's right about at the edge of what I'm comfortable having on a general purpose gun.

My only gripe with the rifle is weight. She's a big girl.

Of course, it's also a rifle that will reliably hit a 6" head plate at 300 yards with even so-so ammo, so I suppose there are some tradeoffs to be had.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It is indeed pretty striking. My original intent was to pick up one in desert tan similar to the blemish gun that TCinVA got, but after seeing preview pictures on Geissele's social media and comparing them to the olive drab rifles they've previous released, I couldn't resist. When I opened the box, I knew I made the right decision.
    I wish you hadn't mentioned their social media page. I really don't need to buy another one.
    3/15/2016

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Looks like it would match the Talo green M11-A1s from a few years ago. Would be a nice combo, if you got lucky and found a Sig that extracted WWB reliably.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    My only gripe with the rifle is weight. She's a big girl.

Of course, it's also a rifle that will reliably hit a 6" head plate at 300 yards with even so-so ammo, so I suppose there are some tradeoffs to be had.
    You’re one of several, second in this thread, to mention the weight. I wonder if there are any plans for a lightweight barrel option.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I wish you hadn't mentioned their social media page. I really don't need to buy another one.
    There's that 11.5" pistol that's calling your name.

Student
    Yeah, you should enter the moonshine raffle. Its okay, you probably won't get it anyway and if you do you're in for a great deal...

https://geissele.com/moonshine

User Tag List