Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

What makes that BCG “RE”?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm guessing the quality and coating? I'm not 100% on why they're saying that but I will say it runs great and is super easy to clean, even after suppressed use. Also just judging by how it was gauged the tolerances are very tight/gas efficient. But that's just based off of my observations.

This is the link to the unit which may go more in depth, I haven't really read the description.

https://geissele.com/geissele-bolt-carrier-group.html

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    RE = Reliability Enhanced

The link says improved materials, forging and coatings improve reliability.

Primary Arms has the green pistol in stock.

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele...d-green-11.5in
    #RESIST

11.5" Pistol

I purchased and received an 11.5" Super Duty pistol. It appears well built and well finished, machining is well executed.

I put an EOTech on because I have bad astigmatism so as my eyes worsen true red dots smear when my lenses don't keep up. I only had enough time to run 150 rounds through it and it varied between .223 55gr PMC loads, 5.56 PMC 55gr, and Barnes VOR-TX 62gr all of which fed and functioned without issue. Given ammo prices right now it is unlikely I will be putting a large volume through it until after the election. The pistol is well gassed and very smooth in operation.

I don't have a lot of time on AR-15 pattern rifles/pistols and the Surefire WarComp CTN muzzle device had a tendency, sometimes, to drive the rifle down. Occasionally I would settle into a rhythm where the gun just seemed to hover when fired and the sight effectively didn't move. I'm going to say with more practice the muzzle device is well matched to the way they have the pistol set up and this observing the muzzle dip on the shot breaking is user error.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by silentsod View Post
    I purchased and received an 11.5" Super Duty pistol. It appears well built and well finished, machining is well executed.

I put an EOTech on because I have bad astigmatism so as my eyes worsen true red dots smear when my lenses don't keep up. I only had enough time to run 150 rounds through it and it varied between .223 55gr PMC loads, 5.56 PMC 55gr, and Barnes VOR-TX 62gr all of which fed and functioned without issue. Given ammo prices right now it is unlikely I will be putting a large volume through it until after the election. The pistol is well gassed and very smooth in operation.

I don't have a lot of time on AR-15 pattern rifles/pistols and the Surefire WarComp CTN muzzle device had a tendency, sometimes, to drive the rifle down. Occasionally I would settle into a rhythm where the gun just seemed to hover when fired and the sight effectively didn't move. I'm going to say with more practice the muzzle device is well matched to the way they have the pistol set up and this observing the muzzle dip on the shot breaking is user error.
    The dip effect you mentioned seems to be more noticeable with lighter guns, especially those lighter at the muzzle. Once you add lights and lasers it is less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by silentsod View Post

This is a very common observation with the CTN Warcomps. I sold my two because I just didn't like the recoil impulse. The open tine have always been more popular IMO which is why I was surprised to see G use the CTN version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    This is a very common observation with the CTN Warcomps. I sold my two because I just didn't like the recoil impulse. The open tine have always been more popular IMO which is why I was surprised to see G use the CTN version.
    I might have to switch this out, then. I would rather deal with the muzzle climbing a little bit than having to drag the muzzle back up. I don't care for the ringing on the open tine but I understand that goes away with carbon build up and I'm not finicky about keeping my weapons cleaned.

I think Geissele originally shipped with the open tine and they switched over to this. Perhaps they got a good deal on these?

How would a Cherry Bomb be in conjunction with a Plan B and Omega on this configuration?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How would a Cherry Bomb be in conjunction with a Plan B and Omega on this configuration?
    While I can't speak directly to the Geissele 11.5" gassing, it's right as rain on my 11.5 DD upper.

User Tag List