Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

I have an opportunity to pick up a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" Silencerco asr break with 600 rounds through it for $1600 ($1800 if I get the Holosun HE510c green reticle).

Any thoughts on the rifle? Been an while since anyone updated the thread.

My 2nd option is a Colt 6920 less than 150 rounds through it for $950 but the seller has yet to get in touch (with this market and that price it's probably sold or a scam).
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I have an opportunity to pick up a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" Silencerco asr break with 600 rounds through it for $1600 ($1800 if I get the Holosun HE510c green reticle).

My 2nd option is a Colt 6920 less than 150 rounds through it for $950 but the seller has yet to get in touch (with this market and that price it's probably sold or a scam).
    I'd probably just pay the ~$300 more to order a new one off of their website unless you know the seller or really need THAT muzzle device.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-rifl...una-black.html

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'd probably just pay the ~$300 more to order a new one off of their website unless you know the seller or really need THAT muzzle device.

https://geissele.com/super-duty-rifl...una-black.html
    Concur. For that difference in price, I’d rather just have a brand new one.

Alright, I'll look around for a new one. Is the 14.5" pinned and welded, or is that an NFA item?

The sidebar specs say, "14.5" Barrel, CHF, Chrome Lined, 1-7 Twist (Pin & Weld) - Geissele Profile" so I would say yes but double checking to be sure.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Alright, I'll look around for a new one. Is the 14.5" pinned and welded, or is that an NFA item?

The sidebar specs say, "14.5" Barrel, CHF, Chrome Lined, 1-7 Twist (Pin & Weld) - Geissele Profile" so I would say yes but double checking to be sure.
    Yeah they come with the p/w from the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay, g and r tactical has 6920s for a good price

Geissele Rifle/SBR/Pistol AR's are all good to go.
    I have first hand experience with several versions and include them on the list of AR's I consider legit/quality AR's.

That list includes the following brands, in alphabetical order:

BCM
    Centurion Arms
    Colt
    Daniel Defense
    Geissele
    Knight's Armament
    LMT
    Sionics
    SOLGW

Having said the above about Geissele, it's also my opinion their prices, along with a few others on that list, have gone stupid.

Unless you "need" a Geissele, for whatever reason, you can get a rifle that's every bit as good, for a bit less.
    The reason I'm posting any of this is due to your inquiry about a Colt 6920.

Example #1:
    A Colt 6920 at $1099 from G&R Tactical (in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021).

Obviously you would need to: 1) shave/get the FSB shaved and 2) add a full length rail - if that's what you're after.
    The Colt and the above two items would put you at about $1450 ($350 less than the Geissele.)

*I realize the Geissele has one of their "super-duper-ultra-awesome-high-speed-nano-bomb-proof-perfection-enhanced-advanced-maximum" triggers and a SOPMOD stock and both of those add about $350ish to the price.

Example #2:
    A BCM rifle - sourcing the upper and lower separately would put you at about $1350 to $1400.

A BCM lower at about $350-$400, sourced from one of the following, have been available on a fairly consistent basis (sign up for in stock notification and be ready to buy):

Brownells
    G&R Tactical
    Primary Arms

A BCM upper, sourced from G&R Tactical and/or Primary Arms, have also been available on a fairly consistent basis.
    *G&R has five (5) different uppers (less BCG/CH) in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021.
    *Both G&R and PA have BCM BCG's available on a fairly consistent basis - again, sign up for in stock notice and be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Jay, g and r tactical has 6920s for a good price
    Best bang for the buck and only about $100 more than a year ago, pre-zombie panic.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Example #2:
    A BCM rifle - sourcing the upper and lower separately would put you at about $1350 to $1400.

A BCM lower at about $350-$400, sourced from one of the following, have been available on a fairly consistent basis (sign up for in stock notification and be ready to buy):

Brownells
    G&R Tactical
    Primary Arms

A BCM upper, sourced from G&R Tactical and/or Primary Arms, have also been available on a fairly consistent basis.
    *G&R has five (5) different uppers (less BCG/CH) in stock as of 1300 hrs, 03/19/2021.
    *Both G&R and PA have BCM BCG's available on a fairly consistent basis - again, sign up for in stock notice and be ready.
    BCM is dropping lots of uppers pretty consistently. The benefit of going with them is that they have reserved BCG's for sale with the uppers, at $189, along with a selection of CH. It ends up being a turn-key upper, direct from BCM. You can't buy the BCG, otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Best bang for the buck and only about $100 more than a year ago, pre-zombie panic.
    Yup, G and r is great. I do most of my of shopping with Grant now.

User Tag List