Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

These seem to be quite promising, but there is little to nothing online to be found from actual (non-paid) consumers sharing their findings with these rifles. Hopefully somebody here has some experience with them at this point... anybody?

I picked up an 11.5” Super Duty upper during the recent sale but haven’t had a chance to shoot it since I haven’t assembled the pistol lower yet. It will likely be a few more months before I can complete the lower. I’m also very interested in any information other members can share. I’ve been unable to find reports from sources I’d take seriously about them. I’m mostly interested in info about accuracy of the barrels and the reliability/durability of the REBCG.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Several threads on Arfcom about them, all positive.

My 11.5" Duty upper has been great.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    These seem to be quite promising, but there is little to nothing online to be found from actual (non-paid) consumers sharing their findings with these rifles. Hopefully somebody here has some experience with them at this point... anybody?
    I know of a few out in the wild and one of my instructors just received one he ordered on Black Friday that will become his main teaching gun soon.

So far everything I've heard has been positive. I know of a ~ 4,000 person state agency that bought Geissele rifles as patrol rifles and so far I've not heard of any problems or issues with them.
    3/15/2016

See them, but do not own one. They are GTG. No accuracy metrics, but 100% reliability across with quality and mediocre ammo.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Good stuff so far it sounds like, color me unsurprised... far as I can tell Bill Geissele is a straight shooter (pun) and man of god. Should we start a separate thread for their new Super Duty optic, lol?

I have an 11.5 upper I bought during black friday. I've got about five hundred rounds through it now with the zero issues. It runs both suppressed and unsuppressed very well. It needs an H3 or heavier buffer with a suppressor. But that is not surprising. Fit and finish seem to be outstanding.
    Owner Rockey Brass
    www.rockeybrass.com
    Reloading supplies and firearms parts

We’re living in the golden age of AR’s. If your AR doesn’t run, it’s because you’re too cheap. You need to spend money on the gun, ammo, and magazines. A rifle from a reputable company running PMAGs and shooting decent brass case ammo will work with boring monotony.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Student

Hmm it's ok I guess

Name:  20200513_232233.jpg
Views: 4196
Size:  71.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    See them, but do not own one. They are GTG. No accuracy metrics, but 100% reliability across with quality and mediocre ammo.
    After that post I grabbed one of the their LE models for myself, here: https://geissele.com/rifles/super-du...forcement.html. There's some variation in the LE models and the specific components have changed a couple of times since introduction. Here are some observations of mine. Overall I'm pleased, and at $850 it's a bargain.

• continuous top rail
    • no sights
    • no magazine
    • box content has swag and an excellent manual
    • QMS trigger, smooth with a clean break, better than mil but not quite an ACT
    • ambi selector (R side stub)
    • no blue line on rail
    • rails are addressed but no fill, that's okay
    • installed Aimpoint T1 and sling
    • replaced A2 hider with Vortex G6-A2, slight adjustment to sight after swap (initial zero with A2)
    • ~1000 rounds, 11 loads, .223 and 5.56, 50gr to 77gr, includes light impulse lead-free ammo
    • initial 25yd near zero -1.5”, shot as expected 100 to 400yds on B/C steel with typical holds
    • impulse is unique, mid-length like but a little different, smoother
    • maritime bolt catch is handy
    • early indications that barrel is a little over 1 MOA, no worse than 1.5
    • handguards heat up like comparable others
    • overall handling and balance is good, handles fast and well
    • i can take or leave the B5 SOPMOD stock, no complaint but may be an opportunity to cut weight
    • barrel is gov profile, I wouldn’t mind a LW profile in this configuration
    • grip screw is proper slotted head – no allen key required
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List