Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Super Duty Rifles Thread

I just picked up the same rifle as KeeFus. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of these Geissele rifles. A lot of quality features for a good value in today's market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I believe they still offer those...they just seem to never be in stock.

Here are their LE offerings...the one with the blue line is $1175.00

https://geissele.com/rifles/super-du...forcement.html
    Thanks for the link.

Though they may be on some Colt dealer websites, Colt doesn't actually offer those or the prior Troy Alpha rail versions. Colt built the prior POW rifles in batches once a year or so because they required non Colt standard parts. Instead of holding on to the excess rifles to fill orders between the annual production runs, Colt would sell them off. As a result Guys (and gals) were waiting 12-18 months for POW rifle orders. This sort of thing played a part in the POW supplier change from Colt to Geissele.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-23-2021 at 10:25 PM.

Some thoughts on my Super Duty...

Trigger is great, smooth 4ish pound trigger with a very clean break.
    The MK4 rail works well for me and my applications. I placed Magpul Pros, Streamlight TLR9 RM2 on top of rail along with my Comp M5 on the receiver.
    I have a Basecamp Kilo sling on the way...but for now I’m using a padded VTAC, which works well for me. I also placed a BCM hand stop on the rail, which is now my usual fore grip option.

Zeroed it at 50 yesterday, which is the max yardage of the range we are using for our rifle class. I use a B8 replacement to finalize zeros...and my last shots were all within the 10-ring, which is good enough for me. LPVOs are not my jam...they are just not what I want on a fighting rifle. Not that red-dots are the best for me either due to my astigmatism...but I’m working through that.

The B5 enhanced stock is a good stock...but it’s just wasted effort. I’d be happier with a Magpul SL, which is on my other rifles.

Gun ran flawlessly yesterday. I will put another few hundred rounds through it today but I suspect nothing will change.

For the past two days I’ve taught a basic patrol rifle class. Between zeroing, running demos, drills, and qualifying Ive put roughly 350-400 of XM193 and LE223T1 through this rifle. No hiccups...boringly reliable. Other than putting the accessories on it I didn’t do anything to it...didn’t even clean it prior to use.

Name:  AC096EA1-801F-49B6-AF17-6C92855C1E7E.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  38.6 KB

Day off...being retired has its benefits... After doing my usual honey-do’s I decided to break open this Geisselle and get a better look. I did call Geisselle and ask what happened to this particular rifle build on their LE sales portion of their webpage (this gun is no longer listed). Guy told me that these were a limited build that they did.

Name:  C86DF481-F944-44A2-9A09-3E7C510D6669.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  100.5 KB

Name:  0B0227AC-D0BC-4074-B8A0-B2A592125595.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  8F123F0A-AF6C-4173-89DD-31DCC5C58E2F.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  61.8 KB

Name:  D2850441-038A-4E4B-B842-FA0DF8B5F8FF.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  68.9 KB
    Bolt after it was cleaned.

Name:  DC41EF8D-6DC5-44DA-B401-A521BD84EB78.jpeg
Views: 578
Size:  97.4 KB

Name:  199021D2-DB3A-4BA4-AA3F-DFF07EB16ACE.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  86.2 KB

Name:  CFAE4474-81EE-4197-AB9F-6A57DFEFE9A6.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  15.2 KB

Day off...being retired has its benefits... After doing my usual honey-do’s I decided to break open this Geisselle and get a better look. I did call Geisselle and ask what happened to this particular rifle build on their LE sales portion of their webpage (this gun is no longer listed). Guy told me that these were a limited build that they did.
    I just checked the Geissele website because I had also noticed this configuration disappeared recently. It’s currently back on the page and listed as In Stock for anyone who wants one. It seems like a well thought out setup.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I just checked the Geissele website because I had also noticed this configuration disappeared recently. It’s currently back on the page and listed as In Stock for anyone who wants one. It seems like a well thought out setup.
    That’s funny! I’ve been looking to see if they’d come back online and they never did. Literally called at 1006 this morning and they said they didn’t know when/if they’d ever be back online.

pics
    Off-topic. How is that light working out for you? Pros/Cons?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I was about to ask the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I’ve had it for a few months now. It was on my old S&W to begin with...I replaced a Surefire X300 with the RM2. That said, I haven’t really used it all that much outside the past 3 days. While running it the past few days I ran the VTAC barricade a couple times and banged it on purpose...specifically to see if that big piece of plastic on the rear bottom would come off. Not much holds it in place. It covers the remote pad switch cable hole. It didn’t come out either day so I guess that’s good. It’s 1000 lumens and has a good throw and width from 50 yards. I could light up most of the downrange targets. For reference, the range was about 20-25 yards wide.

I’m teaching another class mid May and the range I will be using that class is 400 yards long. I will try to get some more data/pics for you then.

I’m not a fan of the remote pads...We had one go out in this class for some reason and begin to work intermittently. For those that want a data point on the pad, it was a Streamlight, older version, attached to a TLR1 HL. Thankfully the HL light also had a switch. The switch on the RM2 is right where it needs to be. Has steady on and momentary. Positive click for on/off operations.

We also use Gen 2 Inforce white/IR lights on our ARs. Don’t buy them...they’re trash. Plastic/polymer lights have no place on weapons that are duty use. Inforce does have good customer service if that interests you. We are in the process of replacing the TLRs and Inforce lights with the RM2s. Give it a year and, based on my experience on how these folks treat their equipment, they will get tested pretty well. Lol.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 04-22-2021 at 08:22 PM.

User Tag List