Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Guys with Special Guest Bill Rogers - Developing the 47D

Maybe my memory is all screwed up and I have different mags then (which is quite possible) as mine are 8 rounders. I bought them in the 90s, so I am probably not remembering the model #s correctly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Maybe my memory is all screwed up and I have different mags then (which is quite possible) as mine are 8 rounders. I bought them in the 90s, so I am probably not remembering the model #s correctly.
    No, you are correct -- the 47D is an 8-round magazine. The 47 is a 7-round mag.

The difference between a 47 and 47D is 7 rounds vs. 8 rounds respectively.

The difference between a 47D and an ETM is the ETM has extra space for that extra round whereas the 47D crams the 8th round into a mag the same length as a 47. Thus the ETM is thought to have better spring life than the 47D.

Thanks for the explanation. Learned something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    No, you are correct -- the 47D is an 8-round magazine. The 47 is a 7-round mag.

The difference between a 47 and 47D is 7 rounds vs. 8 rounds respectively.

The difference between a 47D and an ETM is the ETM has extra space for that extra round whereas the 47D crams the 8th round into a mag the same length as a 47. Thus the ETM is thought to have better spring life than the 47D.
    It pretty much is as simple as that.

The 47D isn't really a bad magazine, it's just not the best mag in the Wilson line-up.

The analogy I like to use is comparing the Wilson mag line-up to the USA Men's Olympic Basketball Team roster. The 47D is like the 12th man on the US Men's team. He's not as good as the rest of the guys on the team, but compared to the other teams, he's still one of the best players around.

If you're OK with a full size 7 rounder (I am), the 47 is a better mag than the 47D, because the spring and follower are better and there is more room in the tube for the assigned number of rounds. If you've got to have a mag with 8 rounds, the 47D is still an option, but the ETM line-up gives you the better follower and spring, and extra room in the tube for 8 rounds.

Site Supporter
    47 = gen 3, 47D is gen 4, ETM is gen 5!! In Glock terms?

User Tag List