Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Guys with Special Guest Bill Rogers - Developing the 47D

Gun Guys with Special Guest Bill Rogers - Developing the 47D

Bill Wilson and Bill Rogers of Rogers Shooting School talk about their partnership in developing the most popular 1911 magazine in the industry, as well as other innovations.

Last edited by Amp; 03-10-2020 at 03:05 PM.

It stumps me why people still buy 47Ds.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Yep, the ETM is a better magazine. The ETM/HD and Vickers Duty mags with the flat wire springs are even better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It stumps me why people still buy 47Ds.
    Easy, - $. The Ds are good enough to look like a better option for fiscally conscious people when the ETMs and Vickers are so expensive. Most 1911 owners won’t shoot out the Ds springs.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Easy, - $. The Ds are good enough to look like a better option for fiscally conscious people when the ETMs and Vickers are so expensive. Most 1911 owners won’t shoot out the Ds springs.
    Yeah, what you said..
    I have a .38 super Colt and my one 47D mag works well but for me it's a range mag. Wilson doesn't make 'em anymore for the super so I buy ETM's and Tripp... for more money.

The ETMs with plastic basepads are only $2.00 more than the 47Ds: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/8-Round/products/371/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    The ETMs with plastic basepads are only $2.00 more than the 47Ds: https://shopwilsoncombat.com/8-Round/products/371/
    Ok, I stand corrected. They have drastically came down in price. The Vickers mags are still ridiculous. I’m not sure the ETMs are worth the $10 for the extra round over the 47s, though (easily found for around $24). But I’m swayed on the 47D vs ETM argument.

Yeah, when I bought all of my 47Ds it was quite a bit less $$$ than ETMs, IIRC it was to the tune of $10 apiece and I was gearing up for USPSA single stack so for my purposes the 47s were plenty good. Also they seemed to be the most available as I recall. If I have to replace them it looks like ETMs are the way to go now.

So, educate me here.

What is wrong with the 47D?

I have a fair # of them that I have had for years, and used extensively when I shot them in uspsa.

I think they were the only W.C. 8 round mag offered at the time.

They still work flawlessly, am I missing something?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    So, educate me here.

What is wrong with the 47D?

I have a fair # of them that I have had for years, and used extensively when I shot them in uspsa.

I think they were the only W.C. 8 round mag offered at the time.

They still work flawlessly, am I missing something?
    There's nothing wrong with the 47D, the longevity is possibly not as good as either the 47 or ETM magazines. The 47D is the same length as a 7-round mag whereas the ETM is extended to allow room for the 8th round.

User Tag List