Thread: ZF Targets Remote Control Pop-Up/Pop-Down Steel

ZF Targets Remote Control Pop-Up/Pop-Down Steel

I just saw a YouTube video with a remote control steel target that pops up/down. I have no relationship at all with any of this, but I thought it was very interesting. It reminded me of past P-F discussion on the target systems at the Rogers Shooting School.

Demo Video

Does anyone have any experience with these targets?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I haven't shot on the ZF system and wonder if it will "count" rounds before dropping the plate. I have shot on the "Unpredictor" system and it was excellent (and expensive)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn...tB2rUXeT3Qspxg
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

That's interesting to consider.

It seems like the target goes down with a single hit, if that's what we're curious about. I don't know if it tracks misses. I didn't see an answer on the company website.

The Unpredictor also looks great! I'd love to find a range that had these kinds of targets, but I imagine that the financial barrier is substantial.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Disclosure - I build the UnPredictor.

I have not watched that video but will, have seen others. ZF does not count hits, a plate always falls on one hit. In one video he said that hit counting was not important. I think it is very important and very difficult to make work without failure.

I am working on a portable electric version of the UnPredictor. I have a design that I like but people keep asking me to do other things.

I have found that a lot of shooters do not want to shoot at targets that require an unknown number of hits. It is not what they are good at. During early testing I took a 3 target system to some IDPA matches as a side event. Typically 1 out of 3 would shoot it, others watched. My friend Ron Fielder has taken it to Gunsite a few times. It worked great in the classes where he was instructing. He ran it as a side event in GAS and even when explained, it rattled a lot of people. "I hit it, why didn't it fall? That's not right."
    Developer of the Unpredictor target/training system.
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfn8FquhytB2rUXeT3Qspxg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post

I have found that a lot of shooters do not want to shoot at targets that require an unknown number of hits. It is not what they are good at. During early testing I took a 3 target system to some IDPA matches as a side event. Typically 1 out of 3 would shoot it, others watched. My friend Ron Fielder has taken it to Gunsite a few times. It worked great in the classes where he was instructing. He ran it as a side event in GAS and even when explained, it rattled a lot of people. "I hit it, why didn't it fall? That's not right."
    It sounds like an awesome training feature and a super annoying game feature. I like the cut of its jib so far.

User Tag List