Thread: Basic Pistol classes in the East Texas area?

Basic Pistol classes in the East Texas area?

I'd be interested in any classes in the East/South Texas area during the last week of April / first week of May timeframe.

I know that there is a Vickers regional instructor in the Dallas area, but it appears that there's no Basic class during the time I'm home.

Would it behoove me to take an NRA Basic class if I can find one, or would I do better to wait for a VSM Basic class?
    Mike

We are diminished
    You can look for other VSM classes at M4carbine.net, they have a dedicated sub-forum for VSM class announcements.

The NRA Basic class will mostly cover care & maintenance and safety. There is a small amount of shooting, and it is definitely worthwhile to have one under your belt if you do not already have formal training in those areas. But if you're at the point where you need to improve your marksmanship fundamentals, VSM would be my first suggestion.

Barring that, you could find out if any of the NRA instructors in your area teach more advanced classes.

(also, moving this thread to the Practice section; "Class Announcements" is only for announcing classes)

Paul Howe has classes in Nacogdoches, Tx.
    CSAT is his school.
    His "Tactical Pistol" class is a solid block of instruction that's geared towards novice and intermediate level shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You can look for other VSM classes at M4carbine.net, they have a dedicated sub-forum for VSM class announcements.

The NRA Basic class will mostly cover care & maintenance and safety. There is a small amount of shooting, and it is definitely worthwhile to have one under your belt if you do not already have formal training in those areas. But if you're at the point where you need to improve your marksmanship fundamentals, VSM would be my first suggestion.

Barring that, you could find out if any of the NRA instructors in your area teach more advanced classes.

(also, moving this thread to the Practice section; "Class Announcements" is only for announcing classes)
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Paul Howe has classes in Nacogdoches, Tx.
    CSAT is his school.
    His "Tactical Pistol" class is a solid block of instruction that's geared towards novice and intermediate level shooters.
    I'll check those out...thanks, guys.
    Mike

I found some NRA basic courses, but unfortunately, there's scheduling conflicts with family stuff that's already planned.

I'll keep looking and hopefully be able to find something - thanks again for the suggestions.
    Mike

Hi Mike, how far are you from Houston?

Hey, fm - little over an hour, up in Bryan. The problem is that I'm only home a couple weeks at time, a couple times a year, so family stuff gets schedule then, too.

Sooner or later the stars will align and I'll be able to catch a course..
    Mike

I'm in College Station and can get you squared away on the basics. PM me if you're in interested.

User Tag List