Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aimpoint Acro P1 mounting failures?.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Try these screws as an alternate to OEM for Glock MOS:

Arizona Industrial Hardware part #M3C6KF67Z , M3 X 0.5 thread, 6mm length; aihfasteners.com

McMaster-Carr part #94414A712 , M3 X 0.5, 6mm length; mcmaster.com
    The links lead me back to a P-F page. Could you please repost?

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    The links lead me back to a P-F page. Could you please repost?
    https://www.mcmaster.com/94414a712

Go here: mcmaster.com
    Input part number in search field at top of page: 94414A712

Site Supporter
    Thanks, been out of touch the past three days.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

My ACRO arrived today. Got the Tango Down MOS plate on Friday and my Ameriglo sights arrive later this week. Probably going to install everything at the armory at work on my Glock 17 MOS, next shift. I have vibra-time VC-3 for the sights and plate. I have a couple questions about the installation.

1. Should I apply vibra-tite to the Aimpoint mounting screw on the ACRO?

2. What torque values should I be setting my torque wrench to when I tighten the plate screws and the ACRO mounting screw?

I want to avoid problems and do the installation right the first time around.

Thanks

John

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    My ACRO arrived today. Got the Tango Down MOS plate on Friday and my Ameriglo sights arrive later this week. Probably going to install everything at the armory at work on my Glock 17 MOS, next shift. I have vibra-time VC-3 for the sights and plate. I have a couple questions about the installation.

1. Should I apply vibra-tite to the Aimpoint mounting screw on the ACRO?

2. What torque values should I be setting my torque wrench to when I tighten the plate screws and the ACRO mounting screw?

I want to avoid problems and do the installation right the first time around.

Thanks

John
    John,

I haven't noticed a need to seal threads on the mounting screw, but nothing will be harmed if you do.

As for torque, I simply tighten screws to a very snug tight. I'm guessing it's about 16-18 in.-lbs. Degrease the screw holes in the slide first with brake cleaner, Gunscrubber, etc.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    John,

I haven't noticed a need to seal threads on the mounting screw, but nothing will be harmed if you do.

As for torque, I simply tighten screws to a very snug tight. I'm guessing it's about 16-18 in.-lbs. Degrease the screw holes in the slide first with brake cleaner, Gunscrubber, etc.
    Thank you so much! Mr. Dobbs, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

John

Mounted my Tango Down plate after work today. Was careful to degrease the MOS screw holes on my 17 and went ahead and also degreased my striker unit too as it had oil on it. The Tango Down plate and screws were of high quality and installation went as expected. Just need to install and sight in the Ameriglo suppressor sights, then I will install the ACRO and sight it in.

From the recommendation of others I ordered a TD Acro plate, this is my first go into the pistol red dot world.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    From the recommendation of others I ordered a TD Acro plate, this is my first go into the pistol red dot world.
    Great choice! Follow the instructions posted by Wayne Dobbs and you will not have any issues. I am absolutely loving my Acro and ordering a second.

User Tag List