Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint Acro P1 mounting failures?.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Is anyone seeing them?

This came up in a discussion with a podcast host and trainer who saw "a" Acro P1 with the Atei shimsight pop off the pistol the first time he saw one in class. It has afected his view. This is the same set-up I am using on my primary work gun. I'm torquing mine in place using the data that came with the optic.

I'm just curious if anyone else is seeing issues with the Aimpoint footprint.
    I've had the ACRO mounted to a Gen5 G17 MOS for north of 12,000 rounds with no problems. I don't see too many ACROs in the wild, but the ones I've seen aren't flying off of pistols.

There are a lot of variables involved in red dots and anyone running around making broad pronouncements about a particular optic based on seeing one specimen do something is rather absurd. It's one thing if it is your personal gun and you followed all the right steps to get it on the gun, but on a student gun?

That's a bit much.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Has anyone tried the Tango Down Aimpoint ACRO MOS plate? It is made of steel, that is melonited and has vibra-tite treated screws in the package. And it is reasonably priced at $29.99.
    Those plates from Jeff and Erin Cahill (TD owners) are very much GTG. The screws in that package are the same ones I mentioned in my post on fasteners above (although if you order from AZ Industrial they won't be VC-3 dipped).
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Those plates from Jeff and Erin Cahill (TD owners) are very much GTG. The screws in that package are the same ones I mentioned in my post on fasteners above (although if you order from AZ Industrial they won't be VC-3 dipped).
    Thank you, sir! I think I will try it, as the package puts everything you need together.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've had the ACRO mounted to a Gen5 G17 MOS for north of 12,000 rounds with no problems. I don't see too many ACROs in the wild, but the ones I've seen aren't flying off of pistols.

There are a lot of variables involved in red dots and anyone running around making broad pronouncements about a particular optic based on seeing one specimen do something is rather absurd. It's one thing if it is your personal gun and you followed all the right steps to get it on the gun, but on a student gun?

That's a bit much.
    As I understood the post that sparked the OP (assuming it was the one I think it was, which I'm pretty confidant it was), his concern was more that with the shim sight if your optic does leave the gun you have no BUIS, not that Acros fly off guns willy nilly. Hence him not being a fan of the Shim sight concept.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I don't have enough rounds through my Acro on a TD plate, but I've had no issues so far.

I have been using the TD plate on three different Glock MOS pistols, Gen 4 and 5, and so far have had no issues with the plate or the Acro cross bolt loosening. I am surprised, though, that someone hasn't developed a plate that mounts a spare battery on each side.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How many of these plates that are being mentioned are milled by Atei for their Shim Sight?

A partner of mine had the ACRO shear mounting screws at 8,500 rounds, then 6,000 rounds later. The replacement mounts came loose (actually two of them) very quickly. I witnessed it. The ACRO is badass. One needs to be very careful with mounts and screws.

I’m going to get an ACRO and I’m confident in it. It’s going on a Unity Tactical ATOM slide, but if it was going on a Glock MOS I’d use Wayne Dobbs’ suggestion and get those screws. On an M&P CORE the jury is still out about the best mount. Some have found the Aimpoint version to work very well and other have had issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    A partner of mine had the ACRO shear mounting screws at 8,500 rounds, then 6,000 rounds later. The replacement mounts came loose (actually two of them) very quickly. I witnessed it. The ACRO is badass. One needs to be very careful with mounts and screws.
    For clarity, when you are talking about mounting screws are you referring to the screw that tightens the clamp on the ACRO or are you talking about the screws going into the slide? Do you happen to know the torque values applied to the screws during mounting?

Screws going into the slide. I’ll check to see what torque values he used.

User Tag List