Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Training with an air pistol?

Well, the nice thing, too, about Airsoft is that it is less of trigger feel or recoil, but more of vision and transitions with the hit confirmation.

As most would know, the biggest gains in competitive/action shooting would be in the target recognition (how to engage based on acceptable sight picture) and transitions. And taking it a step further - as those that took JJ Racaza and/or Christian Sailer's classes - the difference between "Attack" VS "Control" targets can establish rhythms for shooting...

I just started my routine a few days back...

• Targets are setup at 7-yards to 15-yards scaled. The steel are at the 15-yards.

Cheers,

_

I wouldn't recommend ditching dry fire totally. While certainly valuable in their own right, lasers and airsoft share the "shortcoming" of livefire: you focus on

the outcome(hit or miss) as opposed to the process-where dry fire shines.Attention to the process of trigger control, index building and

holding drills is best achieved dry. I have a SIRT and an airsoft and see them as more expanding live fire-hitting practice, shooting from bad positions,

draw speed-things some people aren't allowed to practice at indoor ranges.

I also have a 10 meter Olympic pellet pistol(IZH46m) that I enjoy shooting. The trigger is less than 4 ounces. It's interesting to approach the bullseye

with a trigger that soft.

YMMV.

Site Supporter
    i have a couple of SIRT laser training pistols that get a lot of use around the office. One full sized glock and the other their pocket pistol. We have done all sort of instruction here with them and I worked extensively with a couple of our new hires that had no handgun background using them. They also allow practice drawing and firing from duty (at least the glock) or concealment rigs, point shooting at very close range, some weapon retention drills, etc. in a 'real' environment in complete safety. I 'shoot' the doorknob down the hall across from my office door a lot while on conference calls. In my opinion they are well worth the cost.

I love airguns, but these things get way more use for me.

Well, yes, but there's nothing quite like the pure, evil fun of kicking open the back door and drilling those bandit raccoons, squirrels and the neighbor's cat with the stinging retribution of bb's and airsofts. From the hip.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    Well, yes, but there's nothing quite like the pure, evil fun of kicking open the back door and drilling those bandit raccoons, squirrels and the neighbor's cat with the stinging retribution of bb's and airsofts. From the hip.
    I have used an electric airsoft Thompson to chase a squirrel out of the outside trash can and out of the parking lot at work once or twice..... looks like tracers going after an old fighter plane!

User Tag List