Thread: 10/22 Magazines

Site Supporter

10/22 Magazines

I've only got the one ten-rounder that came with the rifle. I'd like to get some of the higher-capacity magazines, because reasons. Last I heard, the Ruger factory ones were considered the best out there, but it's been a while since I checked. What's the consensus on currently-available mags?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've only got the one ten-rounder that came with the rifle. I'd like to get some of the higher-capacity magazines, because reasons. Last I heard, the Ruger factory ones were considered the best out there, but it's been a while since I checked. What's the consensus on currently-available mags?
    I've heard nothing bad about the Ruger mags. Probably the best place for info would be the Rimfire Central forums.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I've got 3 of the Ruger 15 rounders and they've run great. I think the 15's are a much more convenient form factor and make my little compact model M1 carbine-ish but lighter still.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've got 2 of the Ruger 25 rounders and they run all day loaded to 25 with Mini Mags.

With Armscor ammo, they will run all day loaded to 15 rounds or less. When loaded to 25 rounds they have a lot of failure to feeds, something about that ammo makes it tend to nose down at the feed lips with 25 in the mag.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

I've got a bunch of the Ruger factory 10 rounders and several of the 25 rounders. 10s run great and the 25s do also although I don't have a bunch of rounds through them. CCI Mini Mags are my go to ammo.

I have several of the older 25s like Butler Creek. They are completely worthless.

I wouldn't buy anything but Ruger factory.

I've had several Butler Creek. They need to be left loaded for a week or two to break in, then you can get a year or two out of them before the spring wears out and they're no good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Here’s an odd data point... back when the Akins Accelerator was a legal item, the recommended mags were the plain plastic (and theoretically crappy) eagle mags. They ran and ran and ran like a champ! They flat out worked AWESOME!
    http://www.smallarmsreview.com/displ...idarticles=129

That recommendation came from John Norrell, the guy who made the exceptional full auto 10/22’s that run around 1400rpm.
    https://molyresin.com/wp-content/upl...nal-Manual.pdf

That said, now that I’m sans beta test wood stocked Akins, my 10/22’s & Charger are fed from factory Ruger 10, 15, & 25 rounders. Satisfied with them overall.

When the binary 10/22 triggers hit the streets, I’ll probably get one of those too.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/fra...latform-video/
    Last edited by jandbj; 03-10-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Stick with the factory 10's.

The high capacity stuff have given me nothing but trouble. Including Ruger brand.

User Tag List