Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition Bad Habits? Do any exist? Competing Anonymously possible?

I don't believe there's anything keeping you from registering on Practiscore with your first name and an initial, or even just initials. I've seen some semiprank names in the past as well (I don't think anyone is actually named 'Sideshow Bob').

and we all know competition will get you killed on da streetz...
    (translation lots of LEOs compete and both my city and county LEOs have teams).

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    All I have to say is that I feel sorry for anyone who needs to live a part of his life in the shadows afraid of what others will think.
    I don’t care what some random person thinks, or even someone I know. If you don’t like it/me, we probably aren’t hanging out anyway.

But in rare cases, it might affect some folks’ employment. It shouldn’t...but it might. I can see the desire to keep your lifestyle private.

Not much of a problem in southern IL though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    To be totally frank, I'm pretty open about my enjoyment of shooting sports and I work just on the border of Chicago's city boundaries...and with a bunch of women.

Most of them think it's kinda badass and tell me they think it'd be cool to learn to shoot. I know more than a few of them are dyed in the wool liberals and would elect a candidate who would make that impossible, but hey, that's why we take liberals to the range y'all.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    A simple "fuck off, not interested in your opinion" also goes a long way
    Call me crazy, but I'm not in the habit of telling family and friends to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm not in the habit of telling family and friends to fuck off.
    You do you. I lost all my fucks to give for the other side quite some time ago.

Seems reasonable to avoid confrontation over your gun ownership in a world of red flag laws where if these laws get any worse for us anyone can report you and have your stuff taken at gunpoint without due process. It might feel good to tell your left leaning cousin or neighbor to fuck off but six months later when you’re having a bad day and look upset and they call the cops to seize your guns, their the ones having the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Seems reasonable to avoid confrontation over your gun ownership in a world of red flag laws where if these laws get any worse for us anyone can report you and have your stuff taken at gunpoint without due process. It might feel good to tell your left leaning cousin or neighbor to fuck off but six months later when you’re having a bad day and look upset and they call the cops to seize your guns, their the ones having the last laugh.
    Now we have to live in fear because we're gun owners?

Fuck that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Yeah... This is some evolution of the topic on P-F. Usually this topic pops up several times a year with all these usual and idiotic arguments against competition. Now this...
    If we start hiding because of the hostile anti gun environment, we are really fucked and do not deserve the gun rights. With all due respect.
    Last edited by cheby; 03-10-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deflave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    If we start hiding because of the hostile anti gun environment, we are really fucked and do not deserve the gun rights. With all due respect.
    Respectfully, there is a difference between "living in fear" and "not advertising." I aim for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Respectfully, there is a difference between "living in fear" and "not advertising." I aim for the latter.
    Nobody is talking about advertising. We are talking about competition. If we want the gun rights to last they should be seen as normal. The gun people should be accepted as normal, socially responsible, and generally good people. Not some secretive survivalist who believes in various conspiracy theories paranoid nutjobs. This is exactly how the anti-gunners see us.

User Tag List