Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ben Stoeger - 3.24 FAST

I don't get all the fuss over the gear in Mr. Stoeger's or Mr. Vogel's videos. Are not both shooters within the published rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Stoeger View Post
    At 7 yards on (a drill like this) I am concerned very little with the actual shooting part.

A few years ago when I screwed around with this drill I needed to focus up to nail the shots on the index card. At the level I am at now I just shoot as soon as I see my fiber on the card and I shoot pretty much as fast as I can pull the trigger.

The short answer to your question is that this is (for me) a weapons manipulation exercise. The noisy part is not the hard part.
    I am most impressed with you being unburdened by the marksmanship aspect of the FAST, at the speed you are going. I can almost go that speed, but not with reliable hits like you seem to have. Great shooting Ben. Totally awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I don't get all the fuss over the gear in Mr. Stoeger's or Mr. Vogel's videos. Are not both shooters within the published rules?
    I'm not bothered by their gear. It certainly seems to be within the rules. I have to think it is just because it seems like many people on pistol-forum do not love the shoot-me-first IDPA vest and see it as a cliche of pistol shooting and concealed carry. I kind of see it that way too, but am unconcerned at it being used as the requisite concealment garment for the FAST.

The beauty of Vogel's and Stoeger's pistol shooting far outweighs the blight of the SMF vest in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Jealousy is alive and well in all walks of life. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Jealousy is alive and well in all walks of life. Simple as that.
    +1.

Instead of being jealous about the amazing runs and complaining about gear, how about training hard until you can do it yourself?
    http://thedownzerojourney.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    +1.

Instead of being jealous about the amazing runs and complaining about gear, how about training hard until you can do it yourself?
    You just paralelled Occupy Wallstreet. I award you 100 internets!

all this whining about gear= left handed compliments.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I have to think it is just because it seems like many people on pistol-forum do not love the shoot-me-first IDPA vest and see it as a cliche of pistol shooting and concealed carry. I kind of see it that way too, but am unconcerned at it being used as the requisite concealment garment for the FAST.
    Agreed. I hate IDPA vests but I frequently wear one for IDPA matches. Why? Because mine is light weight and it's easy to take on/off when I shoot stages that require concealment. I wear a t-shirt or polo shirt underneath because it gets hot as hell here in the dirty South. No, I don't EDC with a SMF vest. I do carry underneath a unbuttoned S/S shirt though and it's pretty much the same.

IMO, the biggest advantage of using a vest for IDPA is having a place (easy to get to pockets) to stick a mag while doing tac re-loads, something I'd prob never do in real life anyway. Therefore, it's already a poor facsimile of real life situations so I might as well wear the vest, right? Besides, in the end it's just a game and that's sort of the uniform so I play along.

Quote Originally Posted by GOP View Post
    True dat. That's what I'm taking from these vids. I plan to stup up some dry fire and re-load practice after watching these lightning scores.

User Tag List