Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Stoeger - 3.24 FAST

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Using a 3X5 Stoeger does it in 3.11 and a 4.5 at 15-yards clean!!! He dropped a head at 25 but how many dare to critique a 25-yard attempt?
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Banned
    Using a 3X5 Stoeger does it in 3.11 and a 4.5 at 15-yards clean!!! He dropped a head at 25 but how many dare to critique a 25-yard attempt?
    It was a 3x4 card.

I think some changes need to be made to the administration of the drill. I think using IDPA gear is too much of an advantage, as is non-readily available commercial ammo (ie, no reloads, no AAA 147 subsonic, etc), and maybe insist that the official printed target is used. I get that these runs aren't eligible for coins because they are outside of a class, but even in the class - and for purposes of setting new records - I think it's a good idea to really pull back on what is allowed in terms of gear and ammo. It might invalidate some records and coins, but so be it.

Obviously I have zero authority over this stuff, just putting forth my $0.02.
    Last edited by beltjones; 05-14-2012 at 11:31 AM.

I'm not sure I get it. Sevigny holds the official record at 3.56 but he did it with a video camera but now it's not allowed? I mean I know why it's not allowed with the video but then why was it ok for Dave?

Forgot to add, SOAB Ben, you're a mad man!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EmanP View Post
    I'm not sure I get it. Sevigny holds the official record at 3.56 but he did it with a video camera but now it's not allowed? I mean I know why it's not allowed with the video but then why was it ok for Dave?
    http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post69142

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EmanP View Post

Forgot to add, SOAB Ben, you're a mad man!
    Dave was grandfathered in. Also, it's Dave, so, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    It was a 3x4 card.

I think some changes need to be made to the administration of the drill. I think using IDPA gear is too much of an advantage, as is non-readily available commercial ammo (ie, no reloads, no AAA 147 subsonic, etc), and maybe insist that the official printed target is used. I get that these runs aren't eligible for coins because they are outside of a class, but even in the class - and for purposes of setting new records - I think it's a good idea to really pull back on what is allowed in terms of gear and ammo. It might invalidate some records and coins, but so be it.

I think Todd has already thought this through. Check out the conditions for the FAST as a qualifier in KSTG. For the FAST in general, if people use no concealment, open top holsters, ect, there are penalties associated that address what you're stepping in.

Not to mention, Ben is using a holster that isn't illogical for concealed carry. The vest replicates a jacket pretty well, particularly more robust suit jackets that have reinforced interior panels as worn by LEO's who work a lot of protection details. Seems fair to me.

My personal view is "who cares." The FAST should be for your betterment......if someone is gaming the FAST, then it's kinda like cheating on tests instead of learning the material........you're only cheating yourself. I could care less about someone with a weak constitution that needs to game shit in order to look better in front of his shooting buddies. Let him have his coin.....he will feel better for the time being, and in 5 minutes realize he's a loser because no one respects him, anyways. Hopefully, he'll become a man one day. If not, he offs himself with his customized Glock Perfection and the world is minus one NUB.

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    It was a 3x4 card.

I am trying to understand the advantage of "IDPA gear", whatever that means. IDPA legal gear by the rule book is more restrictive than the F.A.S.T. Drill allows so to me "IDPA gear" would level the playing field more.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, are we really nitpicking the gear used? The gun community really is carnivores, we eat our own.

Thanks JV.

Wow, are we really nitpicking the gear used? The gun community really is carnivores, we eat our own.
    Yeah that can be a problem. Valid point.

I think this is just insanely cool (EDIT: sub 5 seconds at 15 yards etc). I don't care what kind of vest he had on Wicked wicked skill level - based on the . . . oh hundred or 200 (?) FAST tests I've shot . . . this is just sick!
    Last edited by JHC; 05-14-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List