Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Babylon bee...

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    https://babylonbee.com/news/gay-supe...ntiquing-deals

Just when I was like, alright already I get it, he's gay haha, geez give it a rest...that last line snuck up out of nowhere and completely undid me.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

I've seen The Bee work this joke a couple times, but have no idea what about the real life incident that inspired it, so I'm a bit lost.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    no idea what about the real life incident that inspired it, so I'm a bit lost.
    Last week Kaepernick said that the NFL Draft is nothing but a slave auction.

I've seen The Bee work this joke a couple times, but have no idea what about the real life incident that inspired it, so I'm a bit lost.
    Hyperbolic comparisons of the NFL to slavery, I believe.

To be fair, Prince did that, only with record labels, in the, what, early 90s?

Oh, and fuck Colin Kapernick.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Last week Kaepernick said that the NFL Draft is nothing but a slave auction.
    I thought that was just while in college

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    I thought that was just while in college
    That episode is pure genius! But yeah it's definitely more applicable to college vs pro sports. And even then, there's a massive difference between that and actual slavery. But the parallels do exist.

His new Netflix show opens with a comparison of the NFL combine to a slave auction.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    His new Netflix show opens with a comparison of the NFL combine to a slave auction.
    Kaepernick Sad That No Slave Owner Will Enslave Him No Matter How Many Times He Tries Out To Be A Slave

"I try out for NFL slavery every year, and they keep rejecting me. The NFL is oppressive, and it's also oppressive that they refuse to oppress me," he said.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List