Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen 5 Glock 19... to MOS or not to MOS?

MOS. No real downside other than a few bucks. I am excited to see how the forward controls designs rmr plate works out.

Agency AOS looks nice too but you know MOS will have support for a long time forward.

MOS models are everywhere around here, Gen 4 and Gen 5. I don't know anybody out in the wild who has issues with the supplied MOS plates, some red loctite, and a good torque on screws. Military has used them this way for years with Doctor and Burris mrds models, that aren't especially robust, without a bunch of problems. Online issues seem in large part to be folks blaming the plate system for their new $500+ optics poor engineering/teething issues, people not using proper screws, etc. They're also apparently breaking 3rd party plates and stuff...

In a year I have over 1200 handloads through a 35 MOS, many using a 180gr XTP at 1150-1180fps. Some with a borrowed RMR but majority with a Vortex Venom, no issues. About like running 9 major in a 19 MOS and nothing coming loose or breaking

Either way, we'll soon be seeing more and more optics designed to fit the footprint natively...so it's definitely wise future-proofing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danjojo View Post
    MOS models are everywhere around here, Gen 4 and Gen 5. I don't know anybody out in the wild who has issues with the supplied MOS plates, some red loctite, and a good torque on screws. Military has used them this way for years with Doctor and Burris mrds models, that aren't especially robust, without a bunch of problems. Online issues seem in large part to be folks blaming the plate system for their new $500+ optics poor engineering/teething issues, people not using proper screws, etc. They're also apparently breaking 3rd party plates and stuff...

In a year I have over 1200 handloads through a 35 MOS, many using a 180gr XTP at 1150-1180fps. Some with a borrowed RMR but majority with a Vortex Venom, no issues. About like running 9 major in a 19 MOS and nothing coming loose or breaking

Either way, we'll soon be seeing more and more optics designed to fit the footprint natively...so it's definitely wise future-proofing.

That last bit was why I had high hopes for the Noblex/Dr Optic MOS sight... Considering their reputation as a very decent MRDS. It would have made for a very concealable sight on an MOS Glock. Maybe they will work the bugs out, and bring it back with a slight larger and more robust window.

My current plan is to bite the bullet and get a RMR type 2... but I may not go there straight out of the gate considering the cost for an unproven (for myself) concept.

I went with the C&H plate on my Gen5 G19 as well, I dipped into the red dots with a G45, but found that while I really liked the pistol, the grip was a bit too long for me to carry, so, I waited until my tax return came, and bought a G19 MOS, so far I like it better, for me, it carry’s much better. One thing to think about when getting a slide milled, is that from that point on, you own it, it’s permanently altered for one type of red dot, and there’s no changing it.. The C&H mounting plates aren’t cheap, but everyone I’ve talked to who knows more about mounting red dots on pistols than I do, highly recommends them. If for whatever reason you don’t like a red dot, it’s easily pulled off, and returned to stock configuration. After using a red dot on a pistol for a little while, I’m convinced they are the way of the future..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I went with the C&H plate on my Gen5 G19 as well, I dipped into the red dots with a G45, but found that while I really liked the pistol, the grip was a bit too long for me to carry, so, I waited until my tax return came, and bought a G19 MOS, so far I like it better, for me, it carry’s much better. One thing to think about when getting a slide milled, is that from that point on, you own it, it’s permanently altered for one type of red dot, and there’s no changing it.. The C&H mounting plates aren’t cheap, but everyone I’ve talked to who knows more about mounting red dots on pistols than I do, highly recommends them. If for whatever reason you don’t like a red dot, it’s easily pulled off, and returned to stock configuration. After using a red dot on a pistol for a little while, I’m convinced they are the way of the future..
    FWIW C&H is hyping a v4 plate, v3 are on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Tried looking on their website, any information on what's better/different about it?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Tried looking on their website, any information on what's better/different about it?

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    I know, I bought one of the v3’s the v3’s work just fine..

I have a Gen3 G19 that I had Agency do there AOS cut on and am very happy with it.

I just bought a Gen5 G19 with the intent to put an MRDS on it. I skipped the MOS version. I went to the range today to make sure the gun functioned 100%. When I came home I stripped the slide down to send to Agency to have the slide cut.

User Tag List