Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ammunition Sales Soar in Response to Coronavirus Panic

Site Supporter
    Reloaders might remember that primer supplies dry up. 380 ammo particularly was scarce during scares. If Chinese ammo supply is reduced, this reduction will cause shooters to buy other ammo with the result that prices will rise. Regardless, we can expect to manufacturers increase prices just because they can. Exit of Walmart from selling some calibers may increase ammo costs. I think that in the past so many have participated in scare buying that in the near future numbers of hoarders might be fewer. Right now I'm buying all the Charmin and Preparation H I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    After 4 years of dearth in the gun market, thanks to electing Trumpy, we can afford a shortage for a while.

In fact, I encourage it. We don't need the firearms market remaining soft and politicians and crises shouldn't go to waste.

Besides, unlike a shortage of medical supplies, a shortage of ammunition should not hurt the Coronavirus healthcare efforts.

Unless, of course, our docs are planning to use that ammo to help coronavirus along...
    Firearms shouldn't be a problem. I'm talking about ammo. A lot of people only buy what they think they need for an upcoming trip to the range. Then they hear "shortage" and the next thing you know they've bought 3x what they normally buy. It's like toilet paper. We almost ran out a few weeks ago and my wife went to Costco to find it sold out. Now we have about a 3 month supply and we only usually have about 30 days. Lots more food in the freezer also. I'm doing an inventory right now of powder/primers and getting an order in before the rush. Of course I have an advantage living where I do an seeing the panic buying associated with the virus. I'm going to a meeting in a few days with our rifle club eboard and I'll ask what they think is happening. One of the guys on the board runs the firearms/ammo dept for a large big box store in the area.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The sheep only know two speeds - graze and stampede.

The public loves nothing more than a good panic.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List