Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Kydex? Some old school Blade-Tech

I feel horribly old when kydex and vintage are in the same sentence. I am afraid to even mention a Snick, which was the hot rig when I started to get serious about this stuff. If we have any lefties....I just dug out some “extra vintage custom Mad Dog Gun gloves”.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    We have lefties. I’ll do some looking at those gloves, missed them the first time around.

I remember those original design Blade-Tech's they were hot stuff when they came out and caught on. Your pics reminded me of the holsters from Finn Designs, a few of rolled with those once we went Glock and he was Glock only in his holsters. Digging the thread and reminiscing

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    ...reminded me of the holsters from Finn Designs, a few of rolled with those once we went Glock and he was Glock only in his holsters.
    I was going to give Wondering Beard a link to Finn Designs above, but I think they are now gone now, and it also appears Hillsman, another producer of the type is also gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I feel horribly old when kydex and vintage are in the same sentence. I am afraid to even mention a Snick, which was the hot rig when I started to get serious about this stuff. If we have any lefties....I just dug out some “extra vintage custom Mad Dog Gun gloves”.....
    Lefties are here...I snagged a couple of LH Mad Dog holsters off ebay a while ago. This thread did prompt me to check ebay again for the older BladeTech double mag pouches and I was able to snag several very reasonably so thanks to the OP for reminding me.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Pretty sure I read about the Snick in “Cooper on Handguns” or something similar back then. I think my teenage self didn’t think the plastic holster would go far.

I actually still use Blade Tech single mag pouches quite a bit, one of the older true Kydex clip-on (outstanding pouch), and a newer injection molded one I took the Teklok off of (to use on a rifle mag pouch) and adapted a clip too.

Only reason I use them less these days is that a BFG Ten Speed double is in the rotation.

Cirillo and kydex

There's a good picture in todays Tactical Wire that reportedly shows Jim Cirillo using a kydex crossdraw (brand unknown) for a short barreled revolver (looks like a Colt Agent with a hammer shroud) on a second gun in a 2014 class. Not vintage, but still interesting.

Name:  A3581FB9-D44F-4905-B140-5AE2B229BF84.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  30.6 KB

(photo credit Tactical Wire, 17Mar2020)

Vintage plastic of some sort

These had a horrible rep for getting crap stuck under the release button when you needed the gun desperately. However, pry, pull, jerk, (whatever), remove the release mechanism and its a pretty decent plastic retention holster that you can use when you're in hot, wet conditions that will ruin your leather goods.

Name:  568E6E79-7E47-40AC-86FD-EA6F0777E862.jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  43.5 KB

Indeed, serpas are trash.

Also, instead of yankin' the whole release off (which leaves a hole), you can cut away the nub inside that locks into the triggerguard , thereby "desensitizing" the lock.

Then it's just an open top holster like any other.

User Tag List