Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson Vigil vs Vigil CCO Specs...

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Nice! VZ Grips?
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I've got the exact same setup, even down to the same VZ Operator 2's in Hyena Brown. Great taste!!
    Yep, VZ Operator II’s.

That gun was a custom from DW...a CCO in 9mm (back when they just offered them in .45). I sent DW the grips and magwell while they were building it. I’ve sold a lot of guns, but I regret selling that gun the most. It was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    ....but I have measured my DW Valkyrie CCO (no magwell). I've posted a picture of that measurement here somewhere, but I'll post it again tonight when I have access to my flickr...
    From top of the rear sight to center of the frame.

A few others, for scale...

Wilson 8rd ETM
    Wilson 9rd ETM
    Wilson 10rd ETM

Wilson 9mm CCP (Professional frame with magwell) and standard 10rd ETM. You can tell just how much shorter the Officer frame is by the 10rd mag length. This full-size frame and 4" barrel configuration is basically G45 sized.

Last edited by StraitR; 03-07-2020 at 10:32 PM.

I sure like the idea of the CCO with the 9 round ETM and a magwell.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Anyone put an optic on a CCO?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Not a DW but homebrew CCO here. Started life as a STI Duty One 4.0 LT 9mm (4.25 commander slide, alloy government frame). I cut the frame down to officer length by hand using a hacksaw, miter box, and files, drilled new grip bushing holes on my press and installed a Smith & Alexander slim mag guide. I regularly carry it with a Wilson or ETM 10 rounder. Love this pistol!

Name:  Screenshot_20200308-081433_Instagram.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  103.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    @theJanitor

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I sure like the idea of the CCO with the 9 round ETM and a magwell.
    Agreed. I think the 9rd ETM is the perfect balance, and a nicely beveled magwell (inside and out) would take away little, if anything at all, to the practical concealment advantage of a CCO.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseN View Post
    I cut the frame down to officer length by hand using a hacksaw, miter box, and files, drilled new grip bushing holes on my press and installed a Smith & Alexander slim mag guide.
    You Da Man!!!
    You got any in process pictures or more details? I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander, if I worked up the stones to do this I would love it instead of like it.

I have circled the drain on this but have struggled to figure out a good way to get the new position for the hole for the MSH, how did you do that? It seems like the only crucial aspect to doing it, the rest is kinda blacksmith stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    You Da Man!!!
    You got any in process pictures or more details? I have a Ruger SR1911 Commander, if I worked up the stones to do this I would love it instead of like it.

I have circled the drain on this but have struggled to figure out a good way to get the new position for the hole for the MSH, how did you do that? It seems like the only crucial aspect to doing it, the rest is kinda blacksmith stuff.
    Drill the new MSH hole using an ed brown bobtail jig (the bobtail MSH uses an officer's located pin). Like you said, from there it's mostly basic blacksmith stuff. A good miter box, c clamp, and fresh blade on your hacksaw will make really quick work of a frame. Cut it a bit long and finish off with files, constantly checking fit using a officer's length integrated MSH/magwell. Drill new lower grip bushing holes using a tabletop drill press and thread them with a hand tap. It looks factory!

P.S. the viability of doing this depends on how low the frame windows under your grips are cut - some government length frames dont have any material located where you'd need to drill officer's length holes

Drill the new MSH hole using an ed brown bobtail jig (the bobtail MSH uses an officer's located pin).
    THAT is the key to the kingdom!

Like you said, from there it's mostly basic blacksmith stuff. A good miter box, c clamp, and fresh blade on your hacksaw will make really quick work of a frame. Cut it a bit long and finish off with files, constantly checking fit using a officer's length integrated MSH/magwell. Drill new lower grip bushing holes using a tabletop drill press and thread them with a hand tap. It looks factory!
    I am comfortable with this aspect of it. Might take me a month 15min at a time, but that was the approach I took when I cut down the front sight on a 637 for the XS front sight. At lease I have some experience cutting into a perfectly good gun...

I have the 5" all stainless SR1911 Target also, and the Commander version is great, but the CCO is what I really wanted.

P.S. the viability of doing this depends on how low the frame windows under your grips are cut - some government length frames dont have any material located where you'd need to drill officer's length holes
    I have to go back and check this, but even if, I might have some ideas there. That doesn't so much effect function, but the MSH has to be pretty much in the right spot.

Thanks for your help,
    MMc

User Tag List