Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dan Wesson Vigil vs Vigil CCO Specs...

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I had a hard time cutting into a 1911, but it was worth it. And since the LW CCO is the best carry configuration, it was selected for the task

Attachment 49670
    I got out of 1911's in order to simplify, but damn man... Every time I see that pistol, I want to jump right back in!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

My first CCO

An LGS had the Dan Wesson Vigil CCO in .45 ACP (stock number 1836) for a very reasonable price well below MSRP. I have long been interested in these based on many here who advocated for the alloy frame CCO style guns.

I have successfully unloaded a lot of unloved guns at silly high prices (compared to a normal market) since the panic began after the riots began. I used some of that "gun money" to snag this one. With only about 300 rounds down range I am more than pleased with the decision. The advocates for the CCO alloy fame have a point. If this gun proves itself trustworthy with the 7 round mags, it will definitely get into the carry rotation and probably displace my LW Commander (currently a S&W SC1911) on the days I elect not to carry a government sized pistol.

First 100 rounds was hardball and I was getting disappointed with accuracy, group size, and POA/POI, then suddenly around that 100 round point it tightened up the groups dramatically and POI/POA became the same for the next 200 rounds.

I am looking forward to continuing the break in period when some mail order mags get here and I test some factory JHP stuff as well. I will report. So far reliability has been 100% from round 1, accuracy is very good now, recoil and shot to shot recovery is exactly what I expect form a typical LW Commander pistol.

I am not surprised by this, or that DW is making some good quality out of the box guns.

Oh yeah, at about round 100 I did the 16 round strong hand only plus two handed 10-8 test, passed with flying colors, did it fully again at 300 rounds with some Blaser aluminum jacket stuff...still passed easily...nice clean pile ejected forcefully at 4:00
    Last edited by fatdog; 08-09-2020 at 10:55 PM.

User Tag List