Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson Vigil vs Vigil CCO Specs...

Dan Wesson Vigil vs Vigil CCO Specs...

Anyone can answer this question, but it's been shared with me that @StraitR has both IIRC.

I have a Vigil with a Wilson magwell and the length from the top of the sights to the magwell is ~6". I'm looking to reduce the printing profile, so I'm looking at a Vigil CCO and I'm curious if it's closer to 5". Pictures? Measurements? Both?

TIA
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Here is a CCO I had with a Wilson magwell. I don’t have it anymore, so can’t do measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Here is a CCO I had with a Wilson magwell. I don’t have it anymore, so can’t do measurements.

Nice! VZ Grips?

Based on this,

https://concealedcoalition.com/gun-a...o-1911-frames/

The Officer frame is 4.8". A magwell will add about .25".

So the grip length will be 5.05".

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Anyone can answer this question, but it's been shared with me that @StraitR has both IIRC.

I have a Vigil with a Wilson magwell and the length from the top of the sights to the magwell is ~6". I'm looking to reduce the printing profile, so I'm looking at a Vigil CCO and I'm curious if it's closer to 5". Pictures? Measurements? Both?

TIA
    I've had both, but not at the same time. I never measured my 4" Wilson professional frame with magwell, but I have measured my DW Valkyrie CCO (no magwell). I've posted a picture of that measurement here somewhere, but I'll post it again tonight when I have access to my flickr.

I can say, that much like the very small difference between the slide width of a Glock 19 and Glock 48/43x, the grip length difference between a 1911 full-size/commander frame and that of the officers frame (CCO) is substantial in feel.

For me, the CCO turned out to be the perfect 1911 size, and I regret not having tried one sooner. The CCO is very close in profile to a Glock 17k/19L in both slide and grip length. Ultimately, if you prefer the G19 grip length for carry, versus the G17, then you will really like the CCO size.

I don’t have my cco with me either, and measuring them isn’t the easiest anyway.

But this is essentially the difference between a standard frame and a CCO (officer) frame. If your full size also has a magwell, then add the height of that to the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

I've got the exact same setup, even down to the same VZ Operator 2's in Hyena Brown. Great taste!!

I have to add, that if you've never tried a LW cco, your life as a 1911 carrier is incomplete. right, @StraitR?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I have to add, that if you've never tried a LW cco, your life as a 1911 carrier is incomplete. right, @StraitR?

Name:  thisistheway.jpg
Views: 1535
Size:  35.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Which one? If it's an Ed Brown, then I can't reach anything with my carnie hands that smell of cabbage.

User Tag List