Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What REALLY drives the decision? Motivation for Daily Non-Sworn CCW

I'm attaching an article from Kathy Jacksons blog called https://www.corneredcat.com/. Check it out. Great info there.
    An armed society is a polite, civilized society.
    This is why I carry a gun.

https://www.corneredcat.com/article/...-civilization/
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by Earlymonk View Post
    3. There are many items that are not inconvenient to carry and could potentially save your life.
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    When you take the spare out of your car, stop wearing your seat belt, unhook your smoke alarms, remove the fire extinguisher from under the sink, strip your first aid kits down to the itchy/scratchy level, stop locking your car and house doors-we can talk...otherwise... tell your story walking.
    Pretty much this

Why the need to break the guy's balls? He asked his question politely and couched it carefully. He doesn't deserve a snarky response.

He's already disclosed that he carries and has for some time. And even if he hadn't...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

What Blues said.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    My response was simply direct and contradictory to the OP.

It was not snarky. As far as ball breaking, when you intimate that you don’t buy the odds v stakes paradigm as a primary motivator for having a weapon whenever and wherever you can, on an enthusiast board like PF, you have invited a wide range of responses.

Choice and control.

Some risks I am willing to accept by choice, like riding a motorcycle now and then. Some risks are forced upon others without choice, like violence or the threat of violence in a robbery or assault.

I am not willing to relinquish the control of who makes the choice for myself and my family about what risks we accept. Others will not thrust risk of violence upon us. Carrying a pistol (as well as being fit and empty hand capable) is one way that I can maintain control of that choice. Others who may attempt to force myself or my family into accepting risk of violence can be be met with a decisive victory when I am armed. It's not just about the risk, it's about what the risk is (violence) and who gets to decide (bad guys). Someone else does not get the control of making choices like that for my family or myself. If we were to relinquish our control to make choices for ourselves we would be relinquishing our very freedom.

I carry because I'm free, and maintain control of my choices.

-Cory

I was a cop for almost thirty years. I'll disagree that most people are inherently good. I'll also submit that a cop has contact with a wider range of society than an academic theologian, so I may have greater data to support view. I've seen the human race at its absolute worst and am fully aware that there's an undercurrent of evil in every stratum of society. If you'd seen the things I've seen and done the things I've done, you'd never leave home without It.

You're absolutely right that mileage varies. Some of us have just driven farther.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    My response was simply direct and contradictory to the OP.

It was not snarky. As far as ball breaking, when you intimate that you don’t buy the odds v stakes paradigm as a primary motivator for having a weapon whenever and wherever you can, on an enthusiast board like PF, you have invited a wide range of responses.
    I think, in reading the OP the first time, and now rereading it that he was looking for something beyond the standard one liners that we are all familiar with.

A little flesh on the bones, in other words.

As to whether your reply was short or dismissive, I'll let others make up their own minds. I didn't call you out specifically though I did, personally, think your post, and at least one other, were less than comradely.

One can disagree without being disagreeable. But I can live in either realm.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You're absolutely right that mileage varies. Some of us have just driven farther.
    Or just on different roads.

Either way, thanks for your thoughtful reply.

User Tag List