Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What REALLY drives the decision? Motivation for Daily Non-Sworn CCW

I made the choice to get my permit to carry in the early 90's for my own safety outside my home after a home invasion/robbery where I had to use my handgun and there was an expiration of a popular local dirtbag community organizer type which caused some other local dirtbags to not like me much.

It just became a way of life even after I moved on from that city and even that state. I just kept doing it.

That and...

"The story of the atrocity of the Petit murders in CT further cemented in my mind that you don't have to go "looking" for trouble/evil. Sometimes it comes looking for you, or you just have the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when evil comes-a-calling."

I had both of those scumbags in units who committed the Petit murders .. One of them I had the pleasure of bouncing off a wall a long time ago.
    Talk about 2 shit bags they where both sleazy no good Mother #uckers .

The Doc should have had better security and locked his doors and windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    "The story of the atrocity of the Petit murders in CT further cemented in my mind that you don't have to go "looking" for trouble/evil. Sometimes it comes looking for you, or you just have the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when evil comes-a-calling."

I had both of those scumbags in units who committed the Petit murders .. One of them I had the pleasure of bouncing off a wall a long time ago.
    Talk about 2 shit bags they where both sleazy no good Mother #uckers .

The Doc should have had better security and locked his doors and windows.
    The story of those murders was one of the most impactful things I have come across since I started becoming more aware of my own self defense a few years ago.

Here's a local story about some of those "inherently good" folks we shouldn't be concerned about.

https://www.oxygen.com/killer-siblin...re-rape-murder

Yeah, trust to the better angels of human nature and see where that gets you.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand

What REALLY drives the decision? Motivation for Daily Non-Sworn CCW

An hour ago I was double parked, waiting for my wife to finish at Trader Joe’s. A big homeless guy in his twenties ran up to my passenger side window screaming “FUCK YOU!!! I’m going to kill all you motherfuckers!”

Anyone who thinks self defense is not needed is living in a fantasy, or has their own personal security detail.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    An hour ago I was double parked, waiting for my wife to finish at Trader Joe’s. A big homeless guy in his twenties ran up to my passenger side window screaming “FUCK YOU!!! I’m going to kill all you motherfuckers!”

Anyone who thinks self defense is not needed is living in a fantasy, or has their own personal security detail.
    Did he move on of his own accord? Target anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Did he move on of his own accord? Target anyone else?
    I started moving the vehicle, and he sprinted off yelling and being zombieland crazy.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Because people are crazy. Every now and then I come across I don’t know looking to cause conflict. None of it has ever led to anything, but I recognized from a younger age people are crazy and some of them may be dangerous. Another aspect is I like guns. They’re a part of my everyday life. I enjoy shooting and carrying different guns. Honestly if I can’t see myself carrying it my desire to buy a particular handgun is low. Heck my handguns out number my long guns by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    , he does point out that not even God could keep the serpent out of Eden.
    I’d be interested in a quotation backing that up. JP isn’t dumb enough to assert that an omnipotent God ‘couldn’t’ do anything. What is, God chooses.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List