Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Apex fires a customer

I’ve had an occasion or two to “fire” people who call our dispatch center and harass our dispatchers. The best part is when they keep calling after I’ve “fired” them and I get to charge them. They got too much other crap to deal with than talk with some douchebag.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Apex is really the only company I trust to buy parts for striker-fired pistols from.
    Randy and the crew at Apex have a deep knowledge of every gun they work on as a prerequisite to putting parts into the wild.
    It does make this even more goofy when you contemplate that the guy is talking about Apex, a place run by two guys that have been hands on involved since the get, and who are both solid citizens.

Also, pretty much everything the shithead wrote sounds like it was written by a drunk guy who was on his way to jail.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I deal with builders and home owners and know what you mean. There are people who just instantly trigger that feeling of knowing that it may end poorly and be a headache every step of the way. One of the worst clients I had was a builder and his wife. It was one of those situations where the marriage had ended years ago even though they're not divorced and still live together kinda things. They didn't communicate at all, would send me information that contradicted each other, they'd claim the other person was wrong, and I'd have to get in the middle and contact the home owners to try to get a solid answer.

The last job I did for them I'd already decided prior that I wasn't going to work with them anymore, but instead of politely declining, I opted to bid the job ridiculously high thinking there'd be no way I'd get it. I was wrong and I paid for it. It was the most money I'd ever made on one project at that point, but I earned less than minimum wage if I calculated the hours I put into it, and my beard came away with a few gray hairs that weren't there before.
    It's the 80/10/10 rule. 80% of your customers are great. You provide a product or service, everybody's paid, everybody's happy. Maybe you never hear from them again, but no news is good news. 10% are a pain in the rear, but a manageable pain. All part of the job.

The other 10%, and it's really even less than that IME, makes you want to quit and join Space Force so when they call you can say, "Sorry, I'm not even on the planet."

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It does make this even more goofy when you contemplate that the guy is talking about Apex, a place run by two guys that have been hands on involved since the get, and who are both solid citizens.

Also, pretty much everything the shithead wrote sounds like it was written by a drunk guy who was on his way to jail.
    I'm also going to venture, admittedly on no evidence, this guy probably also claims to be a Marine Delta Recon Seal.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Where does this behavior come from? This guy seems to be unable or unwilling to admit the problem is all on his end of the table.
    Although this is from a movie, it is still exceptionally true:

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    When I worked retail, there was a guy who would call every couple months through a type-to-talk service for deaf people. He was the biggest asshole we ever encountered. It seemed like he just sat at home and called businesses to be a pain in the ass, like he thought he was a Crank Yankers bit.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I worked as an elections assistant during the 2012 Florida primaries. For that election, it was pretty much 'Republicans Only', as per Florida law.
    A old woman came in, waited her turn for a ballot, and proceeded to raise a pure, loud, ring-tailed screaming fit because her name was not on the roll. Complete with all the damyankee nonsense on how things were better in whatever forsaken yankee hellhole she fled for Florida (that's another rant) for a good 5 minutes, upon which she proceeded to storm out.

After she left, our poll supervisor told us that she did that for every single election. Sadly, going full Karen is the only thing they have to live for.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    There's a lot of people with un-diagnosed and/or untreated mental problems and it can manifest itself in situations like this.
    Could this be why I notice most problem customers at work are just a dumpster fire like this guy? I encounter very few problem customer. But when they are bad they are really bad.

Seeing some of the responses takes me back to a dark period in my life when I was in high school, and junior college working on my AAS (as in, I was under 21) and worked places where I had to deal with customers. Fuck that shit, never again, fuck that shit. One of the happiest days of my life was when I got that degree and got to go do my “real” job.

Site Supporter
    all that for a 100$ trigger part?

What does this low-life do when he has car trouble?

Transmission issue? Must be a world-ender.

User Tag List